Disable ORM Lite Android logging

marcin.w...@fancyfon.com

Feb 7, 2017, 4:48:18 AM2/7/17
to ORMLite Android Users
Hello all,

I have read most of the posts I could found on google about this topic but still could not find the right answer. How to disable android logging in ORM Lite?

I have checked this page:

I have tried:

adb shell setprop log.tag.ORMLite ERROR

but I'm still getting things like this:

02-07 10:18:32.803 11642-15950/? I/TableUtils: clearing table 'ap_table' with 'DELETE FROM `ap_table`

Can you tell me how to solve this problem?

Gray Watson

Feb 7, 2017, 10:14:25 PM2/7/17
to ORMLite Android
All I can do is follow the online instructions. Here's another answer from SO:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/2019563/179850

Anyone else have any ideas?
gray

marcin.w...@fancyfon.com

Feb 8, 2017, 2:20:16 AM2/8/17
to ORMLite Android Users
Maybe I should write some additional information. Our app uses SLF4J for logging and when using ORM Lite, it uses our SLF4J logger and that is ok. We managed to synchronize ORM Lite SLF4J logging state with our logger (so when our logging is disabled, ORM Lite logger is also off and vice versa. The only problem is that even when SLF4J logging is disabled, we still get log entries like the one from my original post:

02-07 10:18:32.803 11642-15950/? I/TableUtils: clearing table 'ap_table' with 'DELETE FROM `ap_table`

As I wrote before, we tried using

adb shell setprop log.tag.ORMLite ERROR

but we can still see those entries in log. We also tried

System.setProperty(LocalLog.LOCAL_LOG_LEVEL_PROPERTY, "ERROR");

but without success. Maybe we use wrong properties here? Any help would be much appreciated.

Marcin