evaluating proposed changes to ORMLite Android

Gray Watson

Jun 6, 2015, 12:33:45 PM6/6/15
to ORMLite Android
Hey folks:

I've really been struggling with the Android side of ORMLite. It's been hard to find the right partners who have the cycles to help me with the Android code that I have little to no experience with. I can fix problems and certainly continue to improve and extend the core and jdbc versions but I just don't have the experience with Android to be able to be of much help.

I asked Kevin Galligan to take the Android reigns and he's made the following changes in a branch:

https://github.com/j256/ormlite-android/compare/KG20150128_LoaderMerge

However, I'm now [frankly] gun shy on doing the merge since it makes a lot of changes from the current loader implementations that are in the ORMLite master tree and [I assume] that folks are using.

So I'd like some feedback on these. Can people try a port of their loader code to this new framework? Any feedback on the changes? Are there things we can do to improve the migration to this new code?

Thanks,
gray

Message has been deleted

Christine

Jun 16, 2015, 7:03:02 PM6/16/15
to ormlite...@googlegroups.com
I checked out the code. I don't normally use loaders because most of the time my apps don't load raw data from a db in a list. I did add a loader in one of my classes, and put in an OrmLiteResultsLoader, which seems to work well. I had to change the Loader from Loader<Cursor> to Loader<AndroidDatabaseResults>, I guess that's part of why it was changed.

I did find a small error in the code,
public class OrmLiteResultsLoader<T> extends com.j256.ormlite.apptools.loader.AbstractOrmLiteLoader<T, AndroidDatabaseResults>

needed to be changed to
public class OrmLiteResultsLoader<T> extends AbstractOrmLiteLoader<T, AndroidDatabaseResults>

Christine