released version 5.0 (finally)

Gray Watson

Jul 27, 2016, 11:24:28 PM7/27/16
Well I've finally pushed out version 5.0. It's been a [far too long] time since the last release. I've
actually been reasonably active keeping up on bugs and the like but the Android version just froze the release
process. I really have never felt like I know what I'm doing in Android-land and a lot of the proposed changes
are hard for me to evaluate. I continue to be in the market for Android folk interesting in helping Kevin handle
ormlite-android and leave me to manage ormlite-core and -jdbc.

I finally decided to put out the release with an apology to all of the Android bugs or features that I've
missed. With some help, I should be able to get a 5.1 release out quickly to address any glaring issues.

Please take a look at the release notes first:

http://ormlite.com/docs/5.0

To summarize:

* ORMLite now requires Java 6 and no longer supports Java 5.
* The default behavior is to do entity capitalization using English to work around bugs.
* We’ve added the usage of the java.io.Closeable interface in a number of places for Java 7 support.
* To better support database partitioning, we made some changes to the ConnectionSource interface.
* We’ve made changes to Android to better support the java.sql.Timestamp and java.sql.Date as strings in the database.
* We’ve removed a number of deprecated methods

The full ChangeLog is pretty huge and too long to post here. Added a bunch of stuff. Fixed a bunch of bugs. Removed some deprecated methods. Here's the link for more details:

http://ormlite.com/changelog.txt

You can get the release via ORMLite:

http://ormlite.com/releases/

or via Maven once the sync finishes: