preliminary release of 4.49-SNAPSHOT has been posted

Gray Watson

Feb 18, 2015, 6:05:21 PM2/18/15
Ok folks. Preliminary release of ORMLite 4.49 has been uploaded to the main download site. I'd love for folks to give it a whirl and report back problems over the next couple of days.

http://ormlite.com/releases/

I'm sure that there are features that you had been waiting for or problems that you wanted to be addressed that aren't in this release. I'd like to think that 4.50 will come quickly to address any missed.

What I'd like is to know about is any blockers. Any problems with the release or any change in behavior that folks were not anticipating.

I've attached the change-log at the bottom of the message which you can see is HUGE. Far, far too many people to thank for all of the updates.

gray

-----------------

* CORE: A lot of changes making CloseableIterator extend java.io.Closeable for Java7 support. Thanks to livelazily.
* CORE: Added JOIN-ing between tables _without_ a foreign-object relationship.
* CORE: Really fix QueryBuilder.orderByRaw(...) and orderBy(...) mutually exclusivity. Thanks to Diederik. Bug #161.
* CORE: Fixed a bug when we select columns on an entity without an id field. Thanks to lder.
* CORE: Added TimeStampStringType to support Android timestamps.
* CORE: Added the ability to override the DataPersister as well as the FieldConverter.
* CORE: Fixed a bug with building queries using selectRaw(...). Bug #166.
* CORE: Added support for the @Table entity from javax.persistence annotations. Thanks to wener. Bug #174.
* CORE: Revamped the javax.persistence annotation processing. Found and fixed a annotation problem along the way.
* CORE: Added Dao.create(Collection) method for bulk creation. Thanks to Farrukh Najmi for the good idea.
* CORE: Fixed bug with UpdateBuilder methods returning wrong type. Thanks to Joseph Jones. Bug #180.
* CORE: Fixed bug with the raw results that they are not obeying the AS SQL. Thanks to nonameplum. Bug #183.
* CORE: Fixed bug with ISNULL and ISNOTNULL which weren't working with serializable. Thanks to andrew8er. Bug #185.
* CORE: Fixed bug with dao.update() not setting the dao on BaseDaoEnabled instances. Thanks to Carlos Fonseca. Bug #177.
* CORE: Added DataType.BOOLEAN_CHAR (to support '1' '0' or 't' 'f') and BOOLEAN_INTEGER. Thanks to stew.
* CORE: Fixed bug where dao.deleteById(...) was not being properly notified. Thanks to Daniel Jette. Bug #190.
* CORE: Added support for QueryBuilder.countOf("DISTINCT(field)"). Thanks to spacetime.
* CORE: Fixed bug where useGetSet did not understand isXxx() for boolean fields. Thanks to HeDYn. Bug #187.
* CORE: Added support for Java 8 methods. Thanks to VincentFTS.
* CORE: Fixed finding of get/set/is methods if not in English locale. Thanks to Christian Ruppert. Bug #191.
* CORE: Fixed bug with Doa.createOrUpdate(...) and custom id types. Thanks much to lstrzelecki. Bug #193.
* CORE: Added support for Joda DateTime to be able to be a version field. Thanks much to outofrange.
* CORE: Added support for raw queries using the DatabaseResults in the mapper. Thanks much to nonameplum.
* CORE: Fixed some problems with default-value parsing and handing with some complex types.
* CORE: Fixed synchronization problems with single connection ConnectionSource and Dao.callBatchTasks(). Bug #195.
* CORE: Fixed bad bug where max-auto-refresh value enabled auto-refresh when programmatically configured. Bug #196.
* JDBC: Possibly fixed some problems with the Oracle type with better boolean support. Thanks to 51mon.
* JDBC: Added support for UUID database fields for Postgres and MSSQL. Use dataType = UUID_NATIVE. Thanks to tsharp.
* JDBC: Added support for a JdbcConnectionSource that uses an existing database connection. Thanks to natinusala.
* ANDROID: Fixed the string processing when persisting java.sql.Timestamp classes. Bug #163.
* ANDROID: Added initial take on Loader base classes from EgorAnd for newer Android versions. Thanks much!!
* ANDROID: Moved Slf4jLoggingLog from JDBC to CORE so Android users can use it. Thanks to tonyxiao.
* ANDROID: Fixed problem with the maxForeignAutoRefreshLevel config setting. Thanks to Eric Fung et al. Bug #194.