JPA compliance level and maintenance status

jrb...@idiria.com

May 12, 2015, 9:07:57 AM5/12/15
to ormlite...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Serve this first post to introduce myself. I am an Android programmer who has always relied on Android-only SQL API to work with our databases. In the past I found no satisfactory ORM to adopt as our main persistence framework. I think now it is time to start using one. We have just started using ORMLite but we are a bit concerned about to issues I hope you will be able to clarify:

a) First of all is level of project maintenance: I have seen no ORM that is active enough to decide it is the "standard" ORM to go for. But I see not much movement either in ORMLite and hence my concerns. Can anybody tell me which is the current status of this project and if there exist any negative/positive perspectives regarding it? (I know ORM are pretty stable in general and so I need to ask this).

b) I have many classes adopted from a previous JPA-complian application that we want to port directly to Android. I have read ORMLite is somehow JPA compliant but don't really know up to which degree it is... Based in your experience, do you recommend to keep using JPA annotations and wait for "errors" to appear or directly migrate to ORMLite annotations right now to avoid further problems?.

Thanks in advance,

Jose.