Original Asia Website and Guestbook

Joe Kennedy

Feb 5, 2013, 4:41:25 PM2/5/13
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi All:

I hope all is well. There has been a lot of activity these past two months with the touring announcements due to Carl's illness, his road to recovery and of course, news of Steve's retirement from Asia. Paired with that, the announcement of Asia's new album, Valkyrie, new tour dates for 2013 and the addition of Sam Coulson taking over guitar duties within the band. On the heels of XXX and the 30th Anniversary tour, there has been no shortage of Asia related news this past year.

First, I would like to thank all Asia fans for their continuing support of the band. If you have been a fan of this band as I am and have been since its inception, you know the road this band has taken has not always been the smoothest but it was a journey worth taking and we have been rewarded over and over again by stellar recorded works, live collections captured on DVD and CD alike and sold out performances across the globe. As with many of the projects Asia has untaken in its 30 years, it has always kept you, its fan base first and foremost. As we all move forward into this new and exciting direction with the band, I want to thank the fans for their maturity and support, taking in all the news of the last two months and handling it with the same professionalism and aplomb we have come to expect from John, Geoff, Carl, Steve and now, Sam.

In speaking with management and taking into account many of the questions traded back and forth publicly and privately this past month, we thought it important to state that this website and guestbook still represents Original Asia as well as the ongoing Asia. The decision was made amicably by all four band members.

I think this is an important statement in its message and clarity in moving forward as we hope to continue the conversations of the day, trade stories and share our opinions while continuing to support the band and it's newest member. Looking forward to chatting with you all soon.

Best Regards,

Joe

karnevillee

Feb 6, 2013, 6:10:18 PM2/6/13
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Joe,
Thank you for all your hard work and keeping us informed.
Lee.

karnevillee

Feb 6, 2013, 6:10:52 PM2/6/13
to origin...@googlegroups.com