Re: [original-asia] Re: Live Asia Web Chat: June 10, 2012, 8:00pm UK Time

Douglas Armstrong

Jun 7, 2012, 12:30:09 AM6/7/12
to Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <origin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

val

Jun 8, 2012, 12:17:13 PM6/8/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
test message

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Geoff.D

Jun 8, 2012, 12:33:47 PM6/8/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
testing accounts. This is not a message from Geoff Downes.

Geoff.D

Jun 8, 2012, 12:38:19 PM6/8/12
On Thursday, 7 June 2012 05:30:09 UTC+1, Doug Armstrong wrote:
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Carl.P

Jun 8, 2012, 12:49:33 PM6/8/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
testing accounts. This is not a message from Carl Palmer.

Steve.H

Jun 8, 2012, 1:45:41 PM6/8/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
testing accounts. This is not a message from Steve Howe.

On Thursday, 7 June 2012 05:30:09 UTC+1, Doug Armstrong wrote:
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

John.W

Jun 8, 2012, 1:47:35 PM6/8/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
testing accounts. This is not a message from John Wetton.

Douglas Armstrong

Jun 8, 2012, 2:11:20 PM6/8/12
to Original Asia on behalf of John.W
Never been so enthused, to "NOT" get a message from somebody... LOL

Just seeing the names coming in from the roll call of "NOT" sent by... messages *already* has me smiling, knowing the /ASIA\ webchat is imminent.

"NOT" John Wetton, "NOT" Steve Howe, "NOT" Carl Palmer... and no, "NOT" Geoffrey Downes.

(How could you "NOT" be excited by *THAT*...??!?!?!)

;)

Douglas A.
/AgentA\

"Original Asia on behalf of John.W" <origin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>testing accounts. This is not a message from John Wetton.
>On Friday, 8 June 2012 18:45:41 UTC+1, Steve.H wrote:
>>
>> testing accounts. This is not a message from Steve Howe.
>> On Thursday, 7 June 2012 05:30:09 UTC+1, Doug Armstrong wrote:
>>>
>>> I am really looking forward to this webchat!
>>>
>>> I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label
>>> recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this
>>> band with their fans in 2012.
>>>
>>> I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or
>>> record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!
>>>
>>> I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a
>>> miracle"
>>>
>>> Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T
>>>

>>> Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <origin...@googlegroups.com>

>>> email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a

>>> Google account, visit this group for more options at
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en
>>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Joe Kennedy

Jun 9, 2012, 10:29:57 AM6/9/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Now that is funny!

Joe

"Original Asia on behalf of John.W" <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>testing accounts. This is not a message from John Wetton.
>On Friday, 8 June 2012 18:45:41 UTC+1, Steve.H wrote:
>>
>> testing accounts. This is not a message from Steve Howe.
>> On Thursday, 7 June 2012 05:30:09 UTC+1, Doug Armstrong wrote:
>>>
>>> I am really looking forward to this webchat!
>>>
>>> I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label
>>> recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this
>>> band with their fans in 2012.
>>>
>>> I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or
>>> record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!
>>>
>>> I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a
>>> miracle"
>>>
>>> Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T
>>>

>>> Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com>

>>> Google account, visit this group for more options at
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en
>>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

trippysocks

Jun 9, 2012, 10:36:38 AM6/9/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I'm excited too! Trying really hard to think of some profound questions to ask, but I think in the end I'll be asking really silly things, um.

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:30:09 PM UTC+10, Doug Armstrong wrote:
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

ASteele67A

Jun 9, 2012, 12:17:53 PM6/9/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
testing accounts. This IS the Deputy!!

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:30:09 PM UTC-5, Doug Armstrong wrote:
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Douglas Armstrong

Jun 9, 2012, 12:58:03 PM6/9/12
to Original Asia on behalf of ASteele67A
"ASteele67A..."

Haven't I SEEN that name in neon lights on a "tiki hut" somewhere, before...???

-Douglas
/AgentA\

Original Asia on behalf of ASteele67A <origin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>testing accounts. This* IS* the Deputy!!

>On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:30:09 PM UTC-5, Doug Armstrong wrote:
>>
>> I am really looking forward to this webchat!
>>
>> I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label
>> recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this
>> band with their fans in 2012.
>>
>> I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or
>> record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!
>>
>> I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a
>> miracle"
>>
>> Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T
>>

>> Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <origin...@googlegroups.com>

>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi All:
>> >
>> >Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>> >look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>> >your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>> >and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>> >This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>> >band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>> >
>> >Joe

>> chat
>> here,
>> this

>> >-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to
>> origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send

>> email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google

>> account, visit this group for more options at
>> https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Duke Potter

Jun 9, 2012, 2:35:04 PM6/9/12
to Original Asia
Howdy do.

On Jun 9, 11:58 am, Douglas Armstrong wrote:
> "ASteele67A..."
>
> Haven't I SEEN that name in neon lights on a "tiki hut" somewhere, before...???
>
> -Douglas
> /AgentA\
>
> Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T
>
> Original Asia on behalf of ASteele67A <[email address]> wrote:
>

> >testing accounts. This* IS* the Deputy!!
> >On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:30:09 PM UTC-5, Doug Armstrong wrote:
>
> >> I am really looking forward to this webchat!
>
> >> I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label
> >> recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this
> >> band with their fans in 2012.
>
> >> I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or
> >> record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!
>
> >> I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a
> >> miracle"
>
> >> Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T
>
> >> Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <[email address]>

> >> chat
> >> here,
> >> this

> >> Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to
> >> [email address]. To unsubscribe from this group, send
> >> email to [email address]. If you have a Google
> >> account, visit this group for more options at
> >>https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en
>
> >-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to [email address]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email address]. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options athttps://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Douglas Armstrong

Jun 9, 2012, 10:46:32 PM6/9/12
to Original Asia on behalf of Agent Armstrong
You seem one fine fellow, Joe!
LOL!!

(I won't ask which threads you wear, good sir... LOL!!)

Listen, Joe! If you (if anyone here, really) should find yourself at a Florida show this fall for "XXX", let me know! I always plan (or join, like in Philly 2009) fun "pre-show" meet-ups somewhere in town, when I've gone to see /ASIA\ live.

/ASIA\ fans really do have such VARIED, and genuinely interesting, cultural & musical tastes. It makes for superbly fun pre-show chatter!

I don't care as much about pre-show buzz for any of the (many) other live shows I have seen - but even after 6 years into the reunion era, *EVERY* single /ASIA\ show I have seen feels like a major event to me (7 so far: 3 in my homestate of Florida, 4 out of state, 1 of which was in a different COUNTRY).

If Lennon & Harrison were alive TODAY - and were performing live as THE BEATLES again, with Paul and Ringo... wouldn't you go??

/ASIA\ - particularly *THIS* special, "Original" lineup of /ASIA\ - feels JUST as important to me as THE BEATLES - and I mean that. Just as much as the 4 moptops from Liverpool felt to my mother.

Tragedy, Life, Death, Love, & Retirement can *ALL* affect the memberships of music bands. You never KNOW how long something GREAT - remains the way you cherish or remember it.

All I know is, that for as long as Geoffrey Downes, Steve Howe, Carl Palmer, AND John Wetton perform (AND record!) as /ASIA\: I WILL ATTEND EVERY SHOW I CAN.

And furthermore, continue to text and blog and talk to everyone I know who shares my love for intelligent, emotional, POWERFUL music... I just can't stop enthusing how *great* this era of /ASIA\ fandom TRULY IS...

-Douglas
/AgentA\

> [...]

>On Saturday, June 9, 2012 8:38:41 PM UTC-4, Doug Armstrong wrote:
>
>> I have my questions together for each of the members of /ASIA\ now, save
>> one - plus a band-wide question for each member.
>>
>> I am still waiting to see what the *format* for asking questions will
>> be... (I.E. will we be limited to just 1 Q per FAN? Can we ask 1 unique Q
>> of EACH band member? If limited to only *1* Q per fan - may we at least ask
>> a "single" Q of the band, inviting EACH member to answer that 1 Q??)
>>
>> My questions, so far, seem pretty staightforward (and I'm ready for
>> *ANYTHING* on this Webchat - LOL). But I'm HOPING that somebody finds a way
>> to inject something slightly irreverant, unexpected, or even FUNNY with
>> this /ASIA\ web event... LOL
>>
>> After the "cheeky" side of Genesis with Peter Gabriel (and props for
>> "EMILY" from OMEGA!), I think prog music and their creators are often seen
>> as a lot devoid of humor... which couldn't be further from the TRUTH! When
>> you get to "know" the makers. (Rick Wakeman onstage eating curry mid-show
>> during Yes' TALES... tour is pretty darned funny!)
>>
>> Who knows! Maybe some brave /ASIA\ fan downs a pint or two, and gets the
>> liquid nerve to ask some questions we've NEVER really begged answers to...
>>

>> GEOFFREY: Did the fact that Toys R' Us relentlessly beamed images of icon
>> "Geoffrey" (the giraffe) onto children's TVs by '82 or so, force your
>> decision to change your name to "GEOFF" by '83's ALPHA...?
>>
>> STEVE: Boxers, or briefs?
>>
>> CARL: What do ELP mates Keith & Greg think of your nightly tribute to Cozy
>> Powell (displaying your twin bass drum heads, with the blue initials
>> "CP"...)
>>
>> JOHN: No offense, sir, but - isn't the name "John" a bit ordinary, for a
>> man of your credentials LOL? Lemmy, Ozzy, Bono... we need that "one Mount
>> Rushmore name" for you, mate. Something Norse God-like, beside a salacious
>> name like "XXX" in youtube's search engine. Do you like "THOR"...? Could
>> you just practice in the mirror, "THOR", just one time - do it for the
>> FANS?? Say this aloud, John, if you would - and with a DEEEEEP,
>> Taurus-pedals accompanied bellow: " I AM ***THOR*** - AND THIS, IS, 'SOLE!
>> SURVIVORRRRRR'...!!!!!"
>>
>> But I won't ask that. But only *you* fans here will know that tonight, I
>> was *thinking* it...
>>
>> ;)
>>
>> -Douglas
>> /AgentA\
>>
>> (P.S. Seriously - I am looking forward to having a good time with the fans
>> and the band tomorrow. THANK YOU, Joe, for making this possible for us.)
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Wetton82

Jun 10, 2012, 10:06:41 AM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Ok so how is this web chat going to work? Is there a chat room being set up?  And what time does 8PM translate to here in the Eastern US?  Thanks!

On Saturday, June 9, 2012 10:46:32 PM UTC-4, Doug Armstrong wrote:
You seem one fine fellow, Joe!
LOL!!

(I won't ask which threads you wear, good sir...  LOL!!)

Listen, Joe! If you (if anyone here, really) should find yourself at a Florida show this fall for "XXX", let me know! I always plan (or join, like in Philly 2009) fun "pre-show" meet-ups somewhere in town, when I've gone to see /ASIA\ live.

/ASIA\ fans really do have such VARIED, and genuinely interesting, cultural & musical tastes. It makes for superbly fun pre-show chatter!

I don't care as much about pre-show buzz for any of the (many) other live shows I have seen - but even after 6 years into the reunion era, *EVERY* single /ASIA\ show I have seen feels like a major event to me (7 so far: 3 in my homestate of Florida, 4 out of state, 1 of which was in a different COUNTRY).

If Lennon & Harrison were alive TODAY - and were performing live as THE BEATLES again, with Paul and Ringo... wouldn't you go??

/ASIA\ - particularly *THIS* special, "Original"  lineup of /ASIA\ - feels JUST as important to me as THE BEATLES - and I mean that. Just as much as the 4 moptops from Liverpool felt to my mother.

Tragedy, Life, Death, Love, & Retirement can *ALL* affect the memberships of music bands. You never KNOW how long something GREAT - remains the way you cherish or remember it.

All I know is, that for as long as Geoffrey Downes, Steve Howe, Carl Palmer, AND John Wetton perform (AND record!) as /ASIA\: I WILL ATTEND EVERY SHOW I CAN.

And furthermore, continue to text and blog and talk to everyone I know who shares my love for intelligent, emotional, POWERFUL music... I just can't stop enthusing how *great* this era of /ASIA\ fandom TRULY IS...

-Douglas
/AgentA\

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Wetton82

Jun 10, 2012, 10:07:08 AM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:30:09 AM UTC-4, Doug Armstrong wrote:
> [...]

>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

joekennedy62

Jun 10, 2012, 10:13:19 AM6/10/12
to Original Asia on behalf of Wetton82
There is a five hour time difference from US EST and UK time. When you log in to the google group, you should see an icon for chat top right.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Conan1982

Jun 10, 2012, 10:30:05 AM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I don't see the chat icon; where is it?

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:30:09 AM UTC-4, Doug Armstrong wrote:
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Rick Boza

Jun 10, 2012, 10:52:51 AM6/10/12
to Original Asia on behalf of Conan1982
The chat will start at 3PM eastern time. I'm guessing but maybe you won't see a chat icon until closer to the event time... Just a thought.

Rick
From: Original Asia on behalf of Conan1982 <origin...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: Original Asia on behalf of Conan1982 <origin...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 07:30:05 -0700 (PDT)
ReplyTo: Original Asia on behalf of Conan1982 <origin...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [original-asia] Re: Live Asia Web Chat: June 10, 2012, 8:00pm UK Time

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Douglas Armstrong

Jun 10, 2012, 11:37:25 AM6/10/12
to Original Asia on behalf of Douglas Armstrong
I'm glad you posted the time zone diff, Joe. I "googled" it when you announced the event as UK time.

So, for the benefit of my brethren from AMERICA (starts with "A", ends with "A"... as in, "VOICE OF..." - how cool is THAT? LOL) - here's when today's webchat BEGINS (based, again, on 8PM UK time):

-3pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME
-2pm CENTRAL
-1pm MOUNTAIN
-12Noon CALEEE-FOR-NIGH-A TIME!

(And if you're from ARIZONA, you'll have to help yourself... LOL. I know you don't observe time change there. HAWAII and ALASKA - good luck as well, and we hope you figure it out LOL.)

SEE EVERYONE AT THE WEBCHAT!

-Douglas
/AgentA\

Original Asia on behalf of RickB <origin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>The chat will start at 3PM eastern time. I'm guessing but maybe you won't see a chat icon until closer to the event time... Just a thought.
>
>Rick

mauricio onofre

Jun 10, 2012, 12:19:07 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I am really amazed they decided to take this media, but i would have preferred to talk them personally, maybe at the event´s hall or something, anyway it is a real opportunity and it will be available very soon, Thanks! mau

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:30:09 PM UTC-5, Doug Armstrong wrote:
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

nightcrier

Jun 10, 2012, 12:27:30 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to this as well. My band played a venue back in the 70's that Asia was playing for 4 straight nights (we were in the club attached to the concert hall). We got to sit and watch them rehears during the day and some of them and their entourage came in to watch us and unwind with some adult beverages. I was hoping we could open for them this year in Detroit as a kind of informal reunion but after talking to their booking agent - no deal for us. Too bad. Would have been epic in my less-than-epic musical career. Marq Speck  www.sweetcrystal.com

Joe Kennedy

Jun 10, 2012, 2:27:41 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi All:

OK, to my understanding the way this will work is pretty simple....no chat room to log into, etc; Everyone will be online as long as you are a member of the guestbook. If you have a topic or question, create the post. You may have to refresh your page periodically to see the topics and subsequent answers. At present, it looks as though all four members will be online and answering questions.

As with anything, a few simple rules....

Please note that the band is taking their time to interact with all of us. Please be respectful of your questions and your inquiries and try not to monopolize any one thread or member's time for the enjoyment of all. If you are here, you are a fan of Asia so let's keep it just as the band does...classy and respectful just as they are to all of us, their loyal fans. The band will be available for one hour to answer your questions. This is the first time we are road testing this medium so please be patient, we are hopeful it all plays out without a hitch but as with anything, things happen so just know we are all doing our best to make the hour enjoyable, entertaining and productive for all involved. See you...strike that, read you all within the hour.

Joe

On Saturday, June 9, 2012 10:46:32 PM UTC-4, Doug Armstrong wrote:
You seem one fine fellow, Joe!
LOL!!

(I won't ask which threads you wear, good sir...  LOL!!)

Listen, Joe! If you (if anyone here, really) should find yourself at a Florida show this fall for "XXX", let me know! I always plan (or join, like in Philly 2009) fun "pre-show" meet-ups somewhere in town, when I've gone to see /ASIA\ live.

/ASIA\ fans really do have such VARIED, and genuinely interesting, cultural & musical tastes. It makes for superbly fun pre-show chatter!

I don't care as much about pre-show buzz for any of the (many) other live shows I have seen - but even after 6 years into the reunion era, *EVERY* single /ASIA\ show I have seen feels like a major event to me (7 so far: 3 in my homestate of Florida, 4 out of state, 1 of which was in a different COUNTRY).

If Lennon & Harrison were alive TODAY - and were performing live as THE BEATLES again, with Paul and Ringo... wouldn't you go??

/ASIA\ - particularly *THIS* special, "Original"  lineup of /ASIA\ - feels JUST as important to me as THE BEATLES - and I mean that. Just as much as the 4 moptops from Liverpool felt to my mother.

Tragedy, Life, Death, Love, & Retirement can *ALL* affect the memberships of music bands. You never KNOW how long something GREAT - remains the way you cherish or remember it.

All I know is, that for as long as Geoffrey Downes, Steve Howe, Carl Palmer, AND John Wetton perform (AND record!) as /ASIA\: I WILL ATTEND EVERY SHOW I CAN.

And furthermore, continue to text and blog and talk to everyone I know who shares my love for intelligent, emotional, POWERFUL music... I just can't stop enthusing how *great* this era of /ASIA\ fandom TRULY IS...

-Douglas
/AgentA\

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 2:30:53 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
GD Logging in....

> [...]

>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

Conan1982

Jun 10, 2012, 2:40:49 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I still don't see a chat icon.

From: Original Asia on behalf of Conan1982 <original-asia@googlegroups.com>
Sender: Original Asia on behalf of Conan1982 <original-asia@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 07:30:05 -0700 (PDT)
ReplyTo: Original Asia on behalf of Conan1982 <original-asia@googlegroups.com>

Joe Kennedy

Jun 10, 2012, 2:42:46 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Just look for my explanation as part of the thread below. No icon, basically you type a new topic or question and we all go from there.

Joe

Conan1982

Jun 10, 2012, 2:44:28 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Joe. I re-read your earlier post.

Asia Fan

Jun 10, 2012, 2:49:13 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia
Good evening

Steve.H

Jun 10, 2012, 3:00:33 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com

Hello from Steve...how you all doing ?

John.W

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:01:00 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia
Good Evening everyone!

On Jun 8, 5:33 pm, Geoff.D wrote:
> testing accounts. This is not a message from Geoff Downes.
>

> On Friday, 8 June 2012 17:17:13 UTC+1, val wrote:
>
> > test message
> > On Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:30:09 AM UTC+1, Doug Armstrong wrote:
>
> >> I am really looking forward to this webchat!
>
> >> I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label
> >> recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this
> >> band with their fans in 2012.
>
> >> I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or
> >> record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!
>
> >> I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a
> >> miracle"
>
> >> Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T
>
> >> Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <[email address]>
> >> [email address]. To unsubscribe from this group, send
> >> email to [email address]. If you have a

jw

Jun 10, 2012, 3:02:03 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Awesome to talk you guys.

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:30:09 PM UTC-5, Doug Armstrong wrote:
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

ban

Jun 10, 2012, 3:02:25 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Great!  Looking forward to the chat.

Bret

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:00:33 PM UTC-5, Steve.H wrote:

Hello from Steve...how you all doing ?

Asia Fan

Jun 10, 2012, 3:04:10 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia
Do the band think that England can win the Euros?

Gabriel Tovar

Jun 10, 2012, 3:04:12 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to enjoying your live music in Houston and Austin!!

jw

Jun 10, 2012, 3:04:21 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Can we start asking questions?

Conan1982

Jun 10, 2012, 3:04:30 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Good evening gentlemen. Being it's 30 years since 1982 I was wondering how much synchronicity have you all been experiencing, or feeling, in releasing a new album at a time as momentous as this?

clutter...@aol.com

Jun 10, 2012, 3:04:42 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Good evening John

clutter...@aol.com

Jun 10, 2012, 3:05:46 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
So are you getting anxious about this 30th anniversary tour?

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:05:46 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia
I don't think so, judging form Ireland equalizing!

joekennedy62

Jun 10, 2012, 3:06:11 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia on behalf of jw
Ask away...the guys are online awaiting your questions.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

Re: [original-asia] Re: Live Asia Web Chat: June 10, 2012, 8:00pm UK Time

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

John.W

Jun 10, 2012, 3:06:15 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Sure. Until they get knocked out that is..

Michael Milbourn

Jun 10, 2012, 3:07:05 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy
Please remember to post your questions as new topics to the band can quickly see who they are for. :-)

Conan1982

Jun 10, 2012, 3:07:22 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Good evening gentlemen. Being it's 30 years since 1982 I was wondering how much synchronicity have you all been experiencing, or feeling, in releasing a new album at a time as momentous as this?

mustangkim11

Jun 10, 2012, 3:07:51 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys! Thank you so much for doing this for the fans! This could not get anymore awesome! My question is for Geoff. Did you ever imagine that you would be in both Asia and YES at the same time? YES has already had an active touring year and is soon to be going at it again in the US. Asia, of course, has the new album soon to come out. Are you as excited about this as the fans are?

Again, thank you for your time.

Kim

Steve.H

Jun 10, 2012, 3:08:25 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

No I'm not anxious, I'm more excited than worried in any way and always look forward to touring and this is no exception!

We're looking forward to playing some new tracks from XXX and seeing how that works onstage.

Steve

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:08:33 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia
It was a large positivity in that we could give something back to the
fans after 30 years,

Thank you for your question

On Jun 10, 8:04 pm, Conan1982 wrote:
> [...]
> > wrote:
>
> > >Hi All:
>
> > >Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
> > >look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
> > >your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
> > >and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
> > >This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
> > >band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
> > >Joe

> > chat
> > here,
> > this

> > >-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to
> > [email address]. To unsubscribe from this group, send
> > email to [email address]. If you have a Google

John.W

Jun 10, 2012, 3:08:43 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Good evening, conan---yes, it's 30 years, and turbulent times we live in. XXX is a really good album. Have you heard the clips yet?

ModernKaveman

Jun 10, 2012, 3:10:27 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
For anyone:  since the Muse can strike at any moment, I was wondering how much do you use your smartphone or tablet (i.e.: iPad)  to help you with your songwriting ideas?

Conan1982

Jun 10, 2012, 3:10:29 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I haven't heard the clips yet John. While I have considered it I'm sure they will only leave me wanting for more ...

jw

Jun 10, 2012, 3:10:49 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
What can you guys tell us about the re-release of the debut album?  What else will be included in the box set and when will it be released?

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:10:55 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kim,

No, I didn't think that would happen of sure. It's exciting times all round I guess!

John.W

Jun 10, 2012, 3:11:27 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to japan tomorrow, with another tour, so not anxious, but looking forward to it.

Steve.H

Jun 10, 2012, 3:13:16 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi ModernCaveman

I'm a bit low tech, I use a digital recorder to get ideas down and then I sift through them and put them on to minidiscs, then I demo them on ADAT.

Only when l've mastered something do I get into computers, when I've got something down.

Steve

HarryWhitley

Jun 10, 2012, 3:14:30 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
GEOFF

Hi Geoff, big fan of yours, i follow you on twitter :D Harry_Whitley :P

just like to say that it was your playing that made me take up classical piano lessons aged 6, and now, age 17, i passed all of my ABRSM classical and jazz piano exams and am now playing in bands :) (if you ever need someone to cover you in Asia or something... ;) )

anyway...

just wondering if you have a home studio? if so...what equipment do you have? :)

any buggles news too...? :P

Thanks :)

Harry Whitley

by the way....i am from your adopted country...wales :D

ASteele67A

Jun 10, 2012, 3:16:18 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Lunch time here in Tejas , just ordered the Asian sampler!! No music clips though Sheriff! Captain Carl will XXX be ( Moody Blue's Asia or will we be given a healthy dose of Rush or Kansa Asia?

mauricio onofre

Jun 10, 2012, 3:17:58 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve, is it you really? My question for you is, Now that groups have to travel with their production, is it possible to have ASIA ans YES in Colombia SA?

John.W

Steve.H

Jun 10, 2012, 3:20:39 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes it is me !

ASIA has already been to Bogota last year, so we may get back there if we're doing a tour where we could route a show to come back.

Steve

RickB

Jun 10, 2012, 3:20:54 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
That's a perfect response John.  Can just imaging you seated in an airport singing into your smartphone with a small crowd wondering what's going on...

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:21:02 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harry,

Well done with the music. Keep it up!

Have home studio - too much gear to list!

Buggles quiet at the moment

Cheers,

ban

Jun 10, 2012, 3:21:28 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com

Question for John and Geoff.  I have always enjoyed "Wildest Dreams" from the debut album.  I'd like to know about more about the story in the lyrics?  What is it all about?

Thanks,
Bret

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:23:49 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Bret,

Loosely, it's about the injustices of war.

JW may be able to answer more explicitly

GD

Douglas Armstrong

Jun 10, 2012, 3:23:58 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Good evening, John, Steve, Carl and Geoff!!

I have ONE question, please, for "each" member to consider...

In the post-XXV "REUNION" era of /ASIA\ (since 2006)... ***IN AMERICA, SPECIFICALLY - WHAT NIGHT (TOWN, VENUE, FANS) STAND OUT TO YOU AS PERHAPS YOUR MOST "SATISFYING", OR "MEMORABLE"? What, briefly, stands out as a great performance memory?

THANK YOU, in advance,
Douglas
/AgentA\

(PS - Would any of you consider lensing a ***LIVE DVD IN AMERICA***, for the upcoming "XXX" Tour? We are an enthusiastic part of the /ASIA\ success story, and would LOVE to get our own live DVD for posterity's sake... *hint, hint!*)

awawasayu

Jun 10, 2012, 3:24:01 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia
good evening ASIA from Japan!
Japan is 4:30 am now !:-)
I'm 23years old girl  and I have many young ASIA fan friends.
What do you think of young fans?

John.W

Jun 10, 2012, 3:24:23 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
As you know, it's an anti-war song---it points out how ridiculous and pointless conflict is.

HarryWhitley

Jun 10, 2012, 3:24:32 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Mr Wetton.

I have to say, i think you are one of the finest bass players of out time! your bass work is astonishing!
and, your vocals are unbelievable!

just out of interest...do you have a home studio where you record and practice?

ban

Jun 10, 2012, 3:24:59 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I always thought there was a bit of a Vietnam reference...maybe just the times that the album came out.

Bret

mauricio onofre

Jun 10, 2012, 3:26:29 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hey John, the muse is away in the corner of the rainbow, thats is why you have to travel a lot. I wish you could restart a new Super group as good as Asia with Steve Hackett, is there any chance in your busy lifes? BR, Mauricio

John.W

Jun 10, 2012, 3:27:01 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I don't practice. I don''t  have a home studio. If I did I would be locked up. My ideas go on to the piano at home, then into either Geoff's studio, or the main studio at HQ.

Asia Fan

Jun 10, 2012, 3:27:48 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia
I'd like to ask the band - do you like The Beatles and were they a big
influence?

Douglas Armstrong

Jun 10, 2012, 3:29:26 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia on behalf of Douglas Armstrong
Hi Carl,

I have a question to ask you for the benefit of my 15-year old son, Tyler... he is a very talented musician - and an award-winning 1st Bass player on his high school marching line drum battery.

WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU OFFER MY SON, AS HE FACES CHOICES BETWEEN PURSUING HIS ACADEMICS IN COLLEGE SOON FOR A "STABLE CAREER"... AND NOT COMPROMISING HIS VISION FOR PERFORMING AND CREATING MUSIC??

THANK YOU in advance,
Douglas
/AgentA\

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

"Original Asia on behalf of John.W" <origin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Good evening everybody, John Wetton here
>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asi...@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

HarryWhitley

Jun 10, 2012, 3:30:10 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Geoff

What's the best memory you have of being on the road with Asia or yes? anything funny happen?

Chippy

Jun 10, 2012, 3:30:11 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

what's your favourite part of what you do - songwriting, recording, playing live?

Thanks very much for all the wonderful muci you've given us all.

Steve.H

Jun 10, 2012, 3:30:18 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Douglas,

There are so many nice places to play and great reactions that we've had, so much so I can separate out one performance, but generally we have a great time !

Steve

John.W

Jun 10, 2012, 3:31:12 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I think it's great that we appeal to a wide demographic. In other words, yes, it's a good thing, and I'm glad you like what we do.

mauricio onofre

Jun 10, 2012, 3:32:04 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I Know i was in the audience (row509?), good to have the cance to chat with You as I am a fan of yours since around 1972 (fragile), but I haven´t had a chance to see Yes, i think you are also fundamental in the main gear, keep on making that fantastic music,

By the way I tried to get your signature in Bogotá from a guy Dave? I gave him the Turbulence record to him (sound engineer?),

Steve.H

Jun 10, 2012, 3:32:20 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi ASIA Fan,

Of course they were a big influence throughout their albums, each one was anticipated more and more and hey I met George, Paul and Ringo for a moment.  There was so much talent.

Steve

Sara

Jun 10, 2012, 3:32:44 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,  I've been a fan since the age of 12.  I just wanted you all to know that you haven't changed a bit.  You all look great and I can't wait to see you in Arizona.

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:33:27 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Finding Indian restaurants ;-)

John.W

Jun 10, 2012, 3:33:49 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Songwriting and recording is very satisfying. Playing live is different, good, but not as satisfying.

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:35:57 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Texas here we come!

Looking forward to it!

HarryWhitley

Jun 10, 2012, 3:36:26 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Steve

hello Mr Howe,

just like to say that i think you are probably one of the best guitarists alive!

what is your favourite song to play live with asia and with yes?

John.W

Jun 10, 2012, 3:36:29 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I like Steve a lot, and I think you will love our version of 'Afterglow', but a permanent group? I don't think either of us could do that.

clutter...@aol.com

Jun 10, 2012, 3:36:32 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steve will you be doing any of the meet and greets?

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:29:26 PM UTC-5, Douglas Armstrong wrote:
Hi Carl,

I have a question to ask you for the benefit of my 15-year old son, Tyler... he is a very talented musician - and an award-winning 1st Bass player on his high school marching line drum battery.

WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU OFFER MY SON, AS HE FACES CHOICES BETWEEN PURSUING HIS ACADEMICS IN COLLEGE SOON FOR A "STABLE CAREER"... AND NOT COMPROMISING HIS VISION FOR PERFORMING AND CREATING MUSIC??

THANK YOU in advance,
Douglas
/AgentA\

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

"Original Asia on behalf of John.W" <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Good evening everybody, John Wetton here
>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>On Sunday, 10 June 2012 19:49:13 UTC+1, Asia Fan wrote:
>>
>> Good evening
>

>-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Original Asia group. To post to this group, send email to origin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to original-asia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. If you have a Google account, visit this group for more options at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/original-asia?hl=en

nightcrier

Jun 10, 2012, 3:36:54 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Detroit and the band Sweet Crystal - we met you original at Pine Knob back in the 80's when you headlined there for 4 nights in a row. Looking forward to your return this November!

nightcrier

Jun 10, 2012, 3:37:52 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I think its great you and Geoff stay writing together on all those solo CDs. Great stuff as well.

foodforyoursoul

Jun 10, 2012, 3:38:02 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve, I hope you're having a good evening! c: I wanted to asked if you have any hobbies (besides guitar playing of course).

RickB

Jun 10, 2012, 3:38:04 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Regarding the Meet and Greets - do you gents find that to be enjoyable, or more of a task that you feel obligated to do?  Just curious how it feels to meet some of us rabid fans face-to-face!

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:38:50 PM6/10/12
to Original Asia
Looking forward to coming back to Detroit!

Gabriel Tovar

Jun 10, 2012, 3:39:27 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
This was going to be my question to you! You show so much passion and love for life in your music, but in the presentations it's a bit different in how you transmit that energy (probably held back and not shown). The music is grrrrrreat though!! Hope you are able to channel more of your energy in Texas and us fans will really like that!

John_Glos

Jun 10, 2012, 3:40:14 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
For John
My fav song by any band is Open your Eyes,
What was your inspiration for the lyrics?

scottoakland

Jun 10, 2012, 3:40:30 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Geoff:

How difficult is it to maintain activity in two bands (Yes and Asia?)

Thanks,
Scott

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:30:09 AM UTC-4, Douglas Armstrong wrote:
I am really looking forward to this webchat!

I don't know whether the band themselves, or management, or the label recommended this webchat - but it truly is a *great* method to connect this band with their fans in 2012.

I've already buzzed about it to friends... I never EVER take a day or record or tour for granted with this band. You CAN'T!!

I spent over 2 decades "wishing... hoping..." and yeah, "prayin' for a miracle"

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

Original Asia on behalf of Joe Kennedy <original-asia@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>Just a reminder that the webchat is fast approaching this weekend. Please
>look to this guestbook for upcoming details and specifics. Be sure to get
>your questions ready for the band, it will be a first for the site
>and guestbook and hopefully the first of many should it prove successful.
>This is a great opportunity to get some home grown buzz started about the
>band and the busy and productive 2012 ahead of us. Thanks!
>
>Joe
>
>On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:43:56 PM UTC-4, Joe Kennedy wrote:
>
>> To All:
>>
>> Keep your eyes here to this guestbook and to the Original Asia website
>> regarding a major announcement regarding members of Asia joining a web chat
>> on Sunday June 10, 8:00pm UK time. More details to follow but keep it here,
>> the Original Asia site and the member sites for more details regarding this
>> exciting opportunity to chat with members of the band.
>>
>> Joe

Steve.H

Jun 10, 2012, 3:40:44 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com

I'm told John Glos has asked about Open Your Eyes in another part of the forum, Hi John, I've been asked this so often, I don't have these kind of all time favourites that people expect me to have.  Today, I really like Time Again, its got some nice instrumental work and its got some vocal sections where we built on the ideas.  I'm very fond of Open Your Eyes, its pretty exciting, its dynamic and we have a pretty good blow at the end.

Steve

Douglas Armstrong

Jun 10, 2012, 3:40:48 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Steve!

(I have seen many shows with you in both /ASIA\ *and* Yes... one of my favorites was seeing you play solo in West Palm Beach at the Carefree Theater in 2000. Just marvelous! Such an intimate way to observe you connect with the expanse of your repertoire...

-Douglas
/AgentA|

nightcrier

Jun 10, 2012, 3:40:57 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Sweet - we patterned (and still do) a lot of our original music on Asia tracks - would love to get you to produce us one day (assuming we could afford you)!

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:41:00 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
It's fun! And nice to put some names to the faces and avatars!

Geoff.D

Jun 10, 2012, 3:41:42 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
I mean of course, faces to names and avatars!!

John_Glos

Jun 10, 2012, 3:42:05 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
For Steve
What is your favourite Asia track and do you like the unbelievably brilliant Open your eyes?

Astra

Jun 10, 2012, 3:43:26 PM6/10/12
to origin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve! As an aspiring guitar player, I would just like to say you are a HUGE inspiration :) My question is, what was your inspiration for taking up guitar? -Sky
It is loading more messages.