How Many Masters Required for OrientDB

Shaik M

Aug 9, 2016, 3:15:30 PM8/9/16
to OrientDB
Hi,

I am new to OrientDB. we are planning to use in our coming project.

I saw in documentation there is no Master/Salve concept for OrientDB. In this case what is best practice, with how many nodes can we go Master-Master architecture and to use multi masters at application end?

Please help us to understand.

Thanks,
Shaik

Oleksandr Gubchenko

Aug 9, 2016, 3:37:31 PM8/9/16
to OrientDB
Hi,

it really depends on your needs, DB size, usage, number of users and load.

You can find some information in official documentation:

Shaik M

Aug 10, 2016, 2:35:25 PM8/10/16
to OrientDB
Thank you, Alex.

when we configure in Distributed setup, do we need to pass all OrientDB master node details at application end ?

how the configuration we need to be taken care?

Thanks,
Shaik

Oleksandr Gubchenko

Aug 10, 2016, 2:59:59 PM8/10/16
to OrientDB
What do you mean saying all node details?
Distribuited configuration examples can be found here.
If you are worried about security issues, some server security tips can be found on this page of documentation.

Alex.