Database reads and transactions

Paul Bowman

Jan 5, 2018, 6:59:12 AM1/5/18
to OrientDB
Hi,

I have a question regarding transactions in OrientDB. I am using v2.2.30 with the dotnet client.

When I write a document via an OTransaction instance the read it to create an edge between it and an existing document I get an error because the new document hasnt been committed yet. As pending commits are held in memory and not performed server side (like a relational db) I can understand why the error occurs.

My question regards how much of an issue this situation is? How often does this cause problems for other users and how do they manage the potential problem if a sequence of writes fail?

All the best

Paul