2.1.16 orientGraph memory problem

GANG NG

May 20, 2016, 7:28:56 AM5/20/16
to OrientDB
when I set the -XMX=512M,-XMS=512M,the server will be cost the mem 512M; when I set the -XMX=5120M,-XMS=5120M,the server will be cost the mem 5120M,Now I have no idea , please give me some advise, thanks!

user.w...@gmail.com

May 20, 2016, 6:08:27 PM5/20/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Orient has two types of memory: heap and disk-cache. If the heap is too low you risks the memory overflow because you have less memory than what you need. The heap memory is necessary. The disk-cache is used for the performances, more higher is the memory and more higher are the performances, if you don't have enough disk-cache, the performances descrease. The disk-cache must be at most as large as the database. You have to increase the heap memory and decrease the disk-cache memory.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Michela

GANG NG

May 21, 2016, 5:47:18 AM5/21/16
to OrientDB
thank you ,no matter how much -xmx size I set , the mem of xmx what I set  is  costed all!
在 2016年5月21日星期六 UTC+8上午6:08:27,user.w...@gmail.com写道: