IMPORTANT: Improving issue management

Luca Garulli

Jan 20, 2012, 2:04:36 PM1/20/12
to orient-database
Hi all,
often when a new issue is open it lacks some fundamental information. This slows down the entire process because the first question from the OrientDB team is always "What release of OrientDB are you using?" and a ferret dies in the world.

To optimize issue management I've changed the Google Code form asking more information. Below the new form.

Thanks!
Lvc@

OrientDB release? (If you're using a SNAPSHOT please attach also the build number found in "build.number" file):

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.
2.
3.

If you're using custom settings please provide them below (to dump all the settings run the application using the JVM argument -Denvironment.dumpCfgAtStartup=true):

If you're describing a performance or memory problem the profiler dump can be very useful (to dump it run the application using the JVM arguments -Dprofiler.autoDump.reset=true -Dprofiler.autoDump.interval=10 -Dprofiler.enabled=true):

Adolfo Rodriguez

Jun 15, 2012, 1:22:48 PM6/15/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, one question, when a defect is found and not doubt about the scope, what is better for OrientDB Team to handle:
* adding a new issue to the issues lists or
* posting a new thread in groups?

What is the expected process?

Thanks

Mark Nuzzolilo II

Jun 15, 2012, 1:33:26 PM6/15/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com

I'm not on the team but I'm pretty sure a good rule of thumb is that issues are the place to post bugs once you are sure it is a bug.  If not sure, then the group is better.

Adolfo Rodriguez

Jun 15, 2012, 2:00:29 PM6/15/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
OK, will try to re-elaborate the question:

Can users open new issues at their own choice? or should they be approved on the group by OrientDB Team?

I have some bug reported that has fallen to the bottom of the list and do not know if opening a new issue or send the message back to the top of the list.

Thanks

Luca Garulli

Jun 16, 2012, 1:10:19 PM6/16/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
the best is to open a new issue. If the issue doesn't change the status in "Accepted" or something other you could comment it asking for any feedback.

If you're not sure it's a bug the Google Group is the best place to discuss it.

Instead if you have a bug and you need it's fixed ASAP, buy commercial support: http://www.nuvolabase.com/site/professional.html :-)

Lvc@

Adolfo Rodriguez

Jun 16, 2012, 3:21:30 PM6/16/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Luca, I got a clear idea now.

Adolfo

Luca Garulli

Oct 28, 2012, 5:08:00 AM10/28/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
if the same code works against TinkerGraph instance then it's a OrientDB bug, so post here. Otherwise in the Gremlin ML you can receive better support on Gremlin syntax and tricks.

Lvc@

On 25 October 2012 14:56, David G Ortega <g.orteg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Luca,

if I experience a "bug" with orientdb using gremlin... Do I have to post it here? in Gremlin's?

David Carr

Apr 2, 2015, 2:56:47 PM4/2/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Luca what is the url to the google form?

Francisco Reyes

Jun 27, 2016, 12:07:11 AM6/27/16
to OrientDB
On Saturday, June 16, 2012 at 1:10:19 PM UTC-4, Lvc@ wrote:
Instead if you have a bug and you need it's fixed ASAP, buy commercial support: http://www.nuvolabase.com/site/professional.html :-)

Ooops... Error 404

We`re sorry, but the page you are looking for doesn`t exist.

Roberto Franchini

Jun 27, 2016, 3:12:56 AM6/27/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 6:07 AM, Francisco Reyes <fran...@natserv.net> wrote:
On Saturday, June 16, 2012 at 1:10:19 PM UTC-4, Lvc@ wrote:
Instead if you have a bug and you need it's fixed ASAP, buy commercial support: http://www.nuvolabase.com/site/professional.html :-)

Main site for orientdb is:

Here some useful links:

Support

Consulting

RF
--
Best regards,

Roberto Franchini

OrientDB LTD  -  http://orientdb.com

Francisco Reyes

Jun 27, 2016, 8:28:10 AM6/27/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Robert, I know the link to the new site.. but since that is a  sticky post.. which will never go away, perhaps the link should be fixed.

--

---