Executing database queries as a plugin

Jacksen K

Jun 25, 2016, 10:23:58 AM6/25/16
to OrientDB
As a command or plugin is there a way in which I can directly run commands on the server or do I have to connect as a "remote client" and login?

scott molinari

Jun 25, 2016, 11:18:35 AM6/25/16
to OrientDB
Hi,

Can you be a bit more specific? There are a couple of ways to do things on the server directly. What is it you'd like to get done?

Scott

Jacksen K

Jun 25, 2016, 9:14:13 PM6/25/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Normal database type commands, e.g. select, update, editing documents etc

scott molinari

Jun 26, 2016, 2:32:56 AM6/26/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
There are two possibilities I know of - Java hooks and custom functions (with triggers). Unfortunately, for the power and/ or flexibility these features provide, the documentation leaves a bit to be desired.

http://orientdb.com/docs/2.2/Functions-Creation.html (note there are more chapters in the menu on the left on functions)

Scott

Jacksen K

Jun 26, 2016, 3:13:07 AM6/26/16
to OrientDB

As a plugin/command though (extending the server in Java) do I have to connect as a remote client?

scott molinari

Jun 26, 2016, 3:57:30 AM6/26/16
to OrientDB
Hmmm...I think I misunderstood your question. Do you mean using ODB within another Java application? Yes, you can use it in what is called embedded mode.

Is that what you are asking?

Scott

Jacksen K

Jun 26, 2016, 4:04:32 AM6/26/16