Hooks on vertices and edges

David Carr

Mar 25, 2015, 10:43:15 PM3/25/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
After a bit of trial and error, I have been able to get hooks working on custom classes extended from the OTriggered class. However, I need hooks working on classes extended from V and E. I can't get it to work in my tests. Does anyone out there know if hooks are possible on vertices and edges or if this is on the development roadmap somewhere?

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Mar 26, 2015, 2:14:26 AM3/26/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

you can just let V and E extend OTriggered, or define your hooks in Java if you want to avoid it.

Regards

Luigi

--

---

David Carr

Mar 27, 2015, 10:44:48 AM3/27/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Followup questions:

1. I'm using orientdb server version 2.0.5 so classes V and E are already there by default as soon as I create the database. Can you elaborate on exactly how to accomplish "let V and E extend OTriggered"?

2. I was successful in creating a java hook despite the documentation being very hard to follow, incomplete, and containing bad examples that produce compile errors. I would like to put what I've learned and have working into some sort of summary that I can contribute back to the community for the next user who comes along. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to do this?

One of the best things I like about http://php.net/manual/ is the user contributed notes at the bottom of each page. I don't see anything like that in the orientdb online manual. I could post a summary to this google group if that's the best way. Or possibly enhancing the online manual via a feature branch on git? Let me know.

Luca Garulli

Mar 27, 2015, 11:19:07 AM3/27/15
to orient-database
Hy David,
Contributing on documentation would be awesome. We moved all different GitHub WIKIs of all the projects in just one place:

All we need is your GitHub account to authorize updating the documentation.

Thanks,
Lvc@

W. Craig Trader

Mar 27, 2015, 1:05:15 PM3/27/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
David ...

In the short term, please share with the group.

- Craig -

David Carr

Mar 27, 2015, 2:45:45 PM3/27/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
As a test I have pushed a branch called dcarr/1 into the orientdb-docs.wiki repo. Please merge into master and let me know your preferred protocol for future enhancements.

--

---

David Carr
801.231.4946

Luca Garulli

Mar 27, 2015, 4:06:50 PM3/27/15
to orient-database
Hi David,
Merging with GitHub wiki repo is not as fast as with code. For me it's ok, feel free to change the master ;-)

Lvc@

David Carr

Mar 28, 2015, 10:59:14 PM3/28/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
FYI I created the Java Hook Tutorial and pushed it to master branch under docs section 9.3.

--

---

David Carr
801.231.4946