OrientDB-Net.binary Adding Vertex via Transaction With Custom Class

Tim49

Oct 31, 2017, 3:26:04 PM10/31/17
to OrientDB
I am new to OrientDB but not to graph structures.

What I am trying to do is use OrientDB-NET.binary package within C# to create a graph. The documentation is a little light but from what I can tell, vertices are added via the transaction object with the method Add<T>. I'm assuming this means that I can add vertex from a custom class (although this class seems to need to be derived from the IBaseRecord interface). So I created an example class like this:

        public class MyClass : IBaseRecord
        {
            private string _className = nameof(MyClass);
            private short _classId = 1;
            private int _version = 1;

            public string Name { get; set; }

            public int OVersion { get => _version; set => _version = value; }
            public short OClassId { get => _classId; set => _classId = value; }
            public string OClassName { get => _className ; set => _className = value ; }
        }

I connect to the database and then try and call code along the lines of

var a = new MyClass { Name = "A" };
database.Transaction.Add<MyClass>(a);
database.Transaction.Commit();

But this doesn't work as the Add throws an exception with the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". What's wrong with this?

(For the record, the opposite works fine with Query<T> which populates the class properties fine.)