Want a solution.

Mahesh Wabale

Apr 22, 2015, 3:59:30 AM4/22/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
hiii everyone , i have litle confusion :

     OrientDb is fully written in java , so for this jvm is require , heap has limited space on RAM , But when we make in-memory graph database using orientdb if my ram is full then what happen ? Is record is goes on swap partition or is there is an eny error msg ?

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Apr 22, 2015, 4:24:41 AM4/22/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mahesh,

OrientDB uses heap memory for high level database operations (eg. query execution, transactions)  and off-heap memory for low level data structures (disk-cache for persistent databases and actual data clusters for memory databases).
When you work in-memory, your database has to fit in the off-heap memory, data is not manually swapped on disk.

Luigi

--

---

Mahesh Wabale

Apr 22, 2015, 5:05:41 AM4/22/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
thanks for giving answer but what about memory , if RAM is full then what happen because for in-memory database everything is running in RAM ?

are there some limitations ?