Run OrientDB HA from Java

Ray Neiheiser

Apr 12, 2017, 2:28:17 PM4/12/17
to OrientDB
I am trying o figure out how I can run OrientDB HA from java and then also write and read from java.

I used the guide configuration for the ha clusters. I have all the 4 databases replicated at the servers but if I run it they act independently.

Luca Garulli

Apr 13, 2017, 1:10:37 PM4/13/17
to OrientDB
Hi Ray,

Any errors in the logs? Can you post one of server's log?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

--

---

Ray Neiheiser

Apr 19, 2017, 11:21:54 AM4/19/17
to OrientDB
No errors, server starts up normal.
Doesn't say anything about ha.

What I did:

COnfigured the settings.

and started the server like this:

factory = new OrientGraphFactory(BASE_PATH + this.id).setupPool(1, 10);

where the basePath is the /OrientDB folder and the database is in /databases (The rest of the content is structured like in the orientDb Enterprise jar)

Am Donnerstag, 13. April 2017 14:10:37 UTC-3 schrieb l.garulli:
Hi Ray,

Any errors in the logs? Can you post one of server's log?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

On 12 April 2017 at 20:28, Ray Neiheiser <ray.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying o figure out how I can run OrientDB HA from java and then also write and read from java.

I used the guide configuration for the ha clusters. I have all the 4 databases replicated at the servers but if I run it they act independently.

--

---

Ray Neiheiser

Apr 22, 2017, 11:02:57 AM4/22/17
to OrientDB
Anyone an idea?

Ray Neiheiser

May 1, 2017, 4:06:11 PM5/1/17
to OrientDB
Would be very helpful if I could get the results of this into my academic paper

Luca Garulli

May 1, 2017, 4:22:11 PM5/1/17
to OrientDB
Hi Ray,

Without the logs it's hard to guess. Could you provide logs of all servers zipped?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

--

---

Ray Neiheiser

May 1, 2017, 4:26:54 PM5/1/17
to OrientDB
Didn't create any logs at all.

I'm start it from java:

factory = new OrientGraphFactory(BASE_PATH + this.id).setupPool(1, 10
);

And the BASE_PATH:

"PLOCAL:" + System.getProperty("user.home") + "/OrientDB";

in OrientDB/ there are the folders like config, bin, log etc.
Additionally in OrientDB/ there are also all the database things orientDB generates.

Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2017 15:28:17 UTC-3 schrieb Ray Neiheiser:
I am trying o figure out how I can run OrientDB HA from java and then also write and read from java.

I used the guide configuration for the ha clusters. I have all the 4 databases replicated at the servers but if I run it they act independently.

--

---

Luca Garulli

May 1, 2017, 5:57:35 PM5/1/17
to OrientDB
Great, do you see any logs under the "log" folder you just mentioned?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

Ray Neiheiser

May 1, 2017, 5:58:36 PM5/1/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Now It's completely empty.

--

---

Luca Garulli

May 1, 2017, 8:35:55 PM5/1/17
to OrientDB
Ok, what logging settings are you using? Could you please set the OrientDB logging settings? Look at server.sh and copy the setting under your JVM.

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

Ray Neiheiser

May 1, 2017, 8:40:08 PM5/1/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Didn't change anything of the logging settings.
The only code starting the database is the one I set up there.

Luca Garulli

May 1, 2017, 8:55:57 PM5/1/17
to OrientDB
Ok, if you see server.sh it has this setting:

-Djava.util.logging.config.file=$ORIENTDB_HOME/config/orientdb-server-log.properties

Could you please run your JVM with OrientDB embedded with this setting?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

Ray Neiheiser