using OrientDB with low memory in Plocal embedded

ad...@cs.miami.edu

Sep 17, 2017, 9:02:47 PM9/17/17
to OrientDB
Hi,

Does OrientDB work OK in a low memory environment as an embedded PLocal Document store (with no remote server)?  By low memory, I mean about 128MB heap and 128MB Direct?

The other embedded DBs we have used (Derby and H2) work well in lower memory environments, but may run slower due to forcing more IO with cache misses. Does OrientDB work similar, or is it prone to crash?

The numbers I typically see with OrientDB are heap and Direct sizes in in the mutli-GB.  How does OrientDb fare with a lower memory setting (I am hoping it fares well, just runs slower-er)?

-Adam