Local Cache in OrientDB v2.0

Mark H.

Nov 14, 2014, 11:58:42 AM11/14/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

According to http://www.orientechnologies.com/docs/last/orientdb.wiki/Troubleshooting-Java.html, you can disable Level1 cache if you are running in a multi-thread application and your JVM is the only client writing to the database in order to avoid OConcurrentModificcationException.

Couple of questions regarding this:

  1. Version 2.0 doesn't have level 1 and level 2 cache settings. Instead it has just one local cache setting.  Is there way to disable just Level 1 cache? or did Level 1 and Level 2 cache get combined in OrientDB version 2.0?

  2. I'm using OrientDB for GraphDB only and have it running as a server so I'm using remote connection from my multiple app servers.  I do have retry logic in all transactions for concurrency proof.  So, is there still a need/benefit for disabling the Local Cache? or should I be enabling the Local Cache to take advantage of cache?
Thank you in advance.

odbuser

Nov 17, 2014, 3:41:32 AM11/17/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I asked a similar question
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/orient-database/y1vBaW3-wno/discussion

I left the local cache enabled but clear it before each use of a connection on the thread.  I'm not sure if this is ideal but it avoids the OConcurrentModificationException.

Mark H.

Nov 17, 2014, 10:14:59 AM11/17/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks for sharing.

In a multi-thread, concurrent usera environment, is it better to turn off the LOCAL CACHE? or clear out the LOCAL CACHE before using the connection?

Does anyone know?  Thanks.

刘志强

Oct 26, 2016, 6:33:54 AM10/26/16
to OrientDB
I also want to know it in OrientDB 2.2.x. Seems there is no Orient team guy to answer the question in this Forum, do you know any other place we can get the answer?

scott molinari

Oct 26, 2016, 6:57:26 AM10/26/16
to OrientDB
It might be better to start a new thread and to explain what your problem is again, than reply to a very old one.

Scott