Java Hook Tutorial

David Carr

Mar 28, 2015, 11:05:42 PM3/28/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
For group members who may have experienced uncertainty in creating java hooks, I have written the attached tutorial to be included in the next OrientDB manual release. I'm not an expert but did gain some useful knowledge during my journey on this subject and I'll be happy to answer questions if I'm able to.

Dave
Java Hook Tutorial - OrientDB Manual.pdf

Michael MacFadden

Mar 29, 2015, 1:45:12 PM3/29/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!  That was very informative!

Keith Freeman

Mar 30, 2015, 12:51:07 PM3/30/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Very nice, thanks for putting in the effort and sharing.  Some minor feedback points, take them or leave them:
  • requiring Maven is pretty heavy (many of us do not use it or even like it), consider leaving that out since it's off-topic
  • including the entire orientdb-server-config.xml is less useful than just pointing out the changes you had to make to get the hook to work