Stable version of OrientDb for distributed environment?

Uffe Gavnholt

Mar 27, 2015, 5:12:53 PM3/27/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm having trouble finding a version of OrientDb that is stable enough for a production environment in a distributed setup, I've tried the versions I could find from 2.0.0 and on.

Do anyone have experiences with a release that "behaves", specificly it appears to be distributed transactions that are unstable in current releases?

Best regards

Uffe Gavnholt

Luca Garulli

Mar 27, 2015, 5:13:36 PM3/27/15
to orient-database
Hi Uffe,
Get OrientDB 2.0.5

Lvc@

--

---

Simon Gemmell

Mar 28, 2015, 8:25:46 AM3/28/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Uffe we had some issues with distributed mode with 2.0.5 which have apparently been fixed in the latest version of the code. Given the defect density thus far I am wary but perhaps 2.0.6 will work for you when it is released. It is easy to get the code and build it yourself, use the 2.0.x branch.

Uffe Gavnholt

Mar 28, 2015, 8:28:27 PM3/28/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon, thank you for your reply,

2.0.5 isn't stable in distributed mode by any means, I'll try to do what you suggest - thank you

l.garulli

Jul 15, 2015, 1:26:31 PM7/15/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, ugav...@gmail.com
Hi Uffe,
Did you have any problem on running distributed with 2.0.6 or a more recent one ?

Lvc@

Uffe Gavnholt

Mar 16, 2016, 7:47:59 AM3/16/16
to OrientDB, ugav...@gmail.com
Hi Lvc,

I had to give up OrientDb, as far as I remember I tried everything I could find up to version 2.0.7 - to my needs the product simply wasn't stable enough - I really hope distributed stability increases as the product matures, as it has an amazing feature set.

So I might end up looking at OrientDb again some time

/Uffe