Cannot stop orientdb service

Rob Pecor

Nov 6, 2014, 12:34:43 PM11/6/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Using OrientDB 2.0-M2 Community Edition (September 29th 2014)
CentOS 7 - Infrastructure Server, Java 8
Attempting to run in Distributed mode.

Problem:  When trying to stop the service (./orientdb.sh stop), the service does not stop.  I have to kill -9 the PID.  Is there a configuration parameter I may have set incorrectly?

orientdb.err shows about a dozen of the following:

Nov 06, 2014 9:28:22 AM com.orientechnologies.common.log.OLogManager log
SEVERE: Error on connecting to 0.0.0.0:2424
java.net.UnknownHostException: EPMP-OrientDB2: EPMP-OrientDB2: unknown error
        at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1484)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:204)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.enterprise.channel.binary.OChannelBinaryAsynchClient.<init>(OChannelBinaryAsynchClient.java
:82)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.enterprise.channel.binary.OChannelBinaryAsynchClient.<init>(OChannelBinaryAsynchClient.java:62)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.enterprise.channel.binary.OChannelBinaryAsynchClientSynch.<init>(OChannelBinaryAsynchClientSynch.java:36)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.server.OServerShutdownMain.connect(OServerShutdownMain.java:107)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.server.OServerShutdownMain.main(OServerShutdownMain.java:139)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: EPMP-OrientDB2: unknown error
        at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
        at java.net.InetAddress$2.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:907)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1302)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1479)
        ... 9 more

Luca Garulli

Nov 6, 2014, 5:33:08 PM11/6/14
to orient-database
Hi,
Seems it has problem getting the IP address. Can you try stopping OrientDB with:

./shutdown.sh <server> <port>

Example:

./shutdown.sh 127.0.0.1 2424

Lvc@

--

---

Rob Pecor

Nov 6, 2014, 9:11:11 PM11/6/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Adding the IP port shuts it down perfectly.   Thanks for the help.  Is this an issue/workaround?  I'm in the process testing databases for our project and trying to find a good fit for our requirements.

a...@yakyn.com

Jan 4, 2015, 6:56:56 PM1/4/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Have the same problem on another Ubuntu server, non distributed.
Adding IP and port to shutdown.sh works, thanks, but I'm too curious what could be the real reason...

Luca Garulli

Jan 5, 2015, 12:21:38 AM1/5/15
to orient-database
Seems shutdown.sh is not able to get the real IP address. Maybe you have multiple networks.

Lvc@

David Carr

Sep 2, 2015, 5:33:10 PM9/2/15
to OrientDB
with or without an ip address I can't get shutdown.sh to work.

[root@ip-10-0-0-82 log]# ../bin/shutdown.sh 127.0.0.1 2424
Sending shutdown command to remote OrientDB Server instance...
Sep 02, 2015 3:32:13 PM com.orientechnologies.common.log.OLogManager log
INFO: OrientDB auto-config DISKCACHE=21,815MB (heap=6,820MB os=30,683MB disk=38,939MB)
Sep 02, 2015 3:32:13 PM com.orientechnologies.common.log.OLogManager log
INFO: Loading configuration from: /usr/bin/orientdb-community-2.1.1/config/orientdb-server-config.xml...
Error: null

The only way I can get the orientdb daemon to stop is with kill <pid>.