Re: [orientdb] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "500Mb"

Melissa Mifsud

Apr 16, 2013, 11:22:28 AM4/16/13
to orient-database
I've encountered this error too. Seems like it can be easily fixed!

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Roar <rnes...@gmail.com> wrote:
I downloaded the source today and built 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT, all tests runs ok.

First I tried to connect to an existing graph database and failed, then I created a new database in case it was a compability issue but it still failed the same way:

Caused by: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.ODatabaseException: Cannot open database
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.raw.ODatabaseRaw.open(ODatabaseRaw.java:115)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.ODatabaseWrapperAbstract.open(ODatabaseWrapperAbstract.java:47)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.record.ODatabaseRecordAbstract.open(ODatabaseRecordAbstract.java:114)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.ODatabaseWrapperAbstract.open(ODatabaseWrapperAbstract.java:47)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.graph.OGraphDatabase.open(OGraphDatabase.java:90)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.graph.OGraphDatabasePooled.<init>(OGraphDatabasePooled.java:42)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.graph.OGraphDatabasePool.createResource(OGraphDatabasePool.java:39)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.graph.OGraphDatabasePool.createResource(OGraphDatabasePool.java:20)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.ODatabasePoolBase$1.createNewResource(ODatabasePoolBase.java:67)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.ODatabasePoolBase$1.createNewResource(ODatabasePoolBase.java:56)
at com.orientechnologies.common.concur.resource.OResourcePool.getResource(OResourcePool.java:66)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.ODatabasePoolAbstract.acquire(ODatabasePoolAbstract.java:65)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.ODatabasePoolAbstract.acquire(ODatabasePoolAbstract.java:53)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.ODatabasePoolBase.acquire(ODatabasePoolBase.java:114)
at com.ceesoft.ceeview.datastore.impl.orientdb.DatabaseManagerProvider.__M_getConnection(DatabaseManagerProvider.java:115)
... 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "500Mb"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.config.OStorageConfiguration.fromStream(OStorageConfiguration.java:189)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.config.OStorageConfiguration.load(OStorageConfiguration.java:103)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.client.remote.OStorageRemote.open(OStorageRemote.java:179)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.client.remote.OStorageRemoteThread.open(OStorageRemoteThread.java:69)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.raw.ODatabaseRaw.open(ODatabaseRaw.java:96)
... 42 more

Is anyone else running into this problem with the current git version? Any workaround or maybe a fix on the way?

Regards,
Roar

--

---

Melissa Anne Mifsud

Melissa Mifsud

May 13, 2013, 9:49:00 PM5/13/13
to orient-database
I had downloaded a newer version of the command line tool. I have a feeling that it's either a compatibility issue (I know Roar said it's not) or the db becomes corrupt in some way.

Sorry I'm not much help.... it wasn't a huge problem for me so I must have just moved on to something else.

When I said "it could be easily fixed", I meant that the exception could probably be handled easily since it's obviously trying to read '500Mb' as a integer - which is usually something easy to fix from the code base. But that's for someone in the orient team to look at I guess. Unless they want a volunteer :)

Melissa

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Hafizur Rahman <biba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Melissa

I am facing the issue with OrientDB 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT and Gremlin.

Did you find a workaround? Please share if any.

Thanks in advance.

Hafizur Rahman

Keith Freeman

May 15, 2013, 4:17:05 PM5/15/13
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I encountered this same error when running a client that was using 1.3.0 jar files against the 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT server.  Maybe you guys were doing the same thing?