"out_" array empty when there's too many outgoing edges

Alexandre DeFreitas

Oct 11, 2016, 1:57:25 PM10/11/16
to OrientDB
Hello,

I'm using OrientJS's query builder to fetch records (nodes) each of which has multiple outgoing edges to other records.  When the number of outgoing edges for a record is relatively small, such as 15 or so, the "out_" property of the query result contains the outgoing references to the other records as expected.

However, I have a node that has 101 outgoing edges that keeps returning an empty "out_" property.  I searched Google, SO, and the OrientDB docs high and low and played with various settings in orientdb-server-config.xml such as db.pool.max, graph.pool.max, and distributed.queueMaxSize, but "out_" still comes back empty.

I hope my explanation makes sense.   Is there a setting in a config file somewhere that limits the number of nodes that can be referenced and returned in a result set?

Thanks

Oleksandr Gubchenko

Oct 11, 2016, 2:08:00 PM10/11/16
to OrientDB
You can try implementing it with a SQL query inside your function, using:
LIMIT

see: http://orientdb.com/docs/last/SQL-Query.html

Alexandre DeFreitas

Oct 11, 2016, 2:28:50 PM10/11/16
to OrientDB
Hello Oleksandr,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, the problem I'm having does not have to do with limiting the number of records in the result set, which is what the LIMIT filter does.  My problem is with the "out_" property coming up empty when a node has too many outgoing edges, in my case, more than 100 edges.  Things work fine when the number of outgoing edges is small.

alessand...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2016, 3:17:07 AM10/12/16
to OrientDB
Hi Alexandre,
could you post your code to replicate your problem ?

Thanks,
Alessandro