Different results between the same query in Browser or in Graph Vizualisation

Marc

May 8, 2017, 2:21:55 PM5/8/17
to OrientDB
I have a query that return the neighbouring edges and nodes of a particular node:

SELECT from Is_Manager_Of LET $Pers2 = out.PersNum, where $Pers2 = 76786 and valid_to.asDate() >= date("2017-01-01 00:00:00")

This query gets all the edges that are going out of the node with PersNum = 76786 AND whose "valid_to" property is greater than 2017-01-01.

So, as shown, I want to select only the edges that have the property "valid_to" greater than a certain date.

This query works fine in the SQL browser: It return 7 nodes and 6 edges (one edge per node connected to the central node), but, when I click on "send to graph", one more edge appears between the central node and another, already shown, node (those 2 nodes have 2 common edges with different "valid_to" dates). So 7 nodes and 7 edges.

Why is this? Why aren't the results exactly the same?

Thanks!!

Luigi Dell'Aquila

May 9, 2017, 3:03:18 AM5/9/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

The back-end of the graph visualization starts from vertices and then tries to return all the edges that connect these vertices, regardless of the original query.
I agree with you that it in some cases (like yours) it is not the expected behavior, probably it can be enhanced. Could you please open an issue about this?

Thanks

Luigi

--

---