Fetch vertices from a range using Graph API

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 2, 2015, 12:14:18 PM7/2/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I need to fetch a specified set of newly inserted vertices from a OrientDB graph to create edges.

If I make use of the getVerticesOfClass("ClassName") method in OrientBaseGraph fetches all the vertices (vertices previously inserted and for those edges have been created).

How to fetch the vertices from the range specified?

Thanks & Regards
Kalatheeswaran

Giulia Brignoli

Jul 3, 2015, 3:02:32 AM7/3/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kalatheeswaran,

to fetch the vertices from the range specified, you can used a query.
For example:

graph.command(new OSQLSynchQuery <Vertex> ("select from V where <whatYouWant>")).execute();

Bye,
Giulia

Kalatheeswaran Thiru Meganathan

Jul 3, 2015, 5:21:18 AM7/3/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks very much

--

---

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 8, 2015, 9:16:38 AM7/8/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

But when I do that I need to keep a large set of vertices in the iterable vertex, which may consume a lot of RAM and slow down the application.
Is there any other way ?

Thanks,

Kalatheeswaran

nagaraja sosale ramaswamy

Jul 8, 2015, 9:44:32 AM7/8/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
you might want to consider using a fetch plan to limit the amount of data that is fetched eagerly, thereby reducing the memory usage at the client.

Kalatheeswaran TM

Jul 8, 2015, 9:54:59 AM7/8/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply
But I am using a plocal connection. It is still slow

machak

Jul 8, 2015, 10:02:01 AM7/8/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 3:54:59 PM UTC+2, Kalatheeswaran TM wrote:
Thanks for your reply
But I am using a plocal connection. It is still slow

cheers
/m