NodeJS Gremlin Queries

Zak Holt

Apr 17, 2017, 8:05:02 PM4/17/17
to OrientDB
I'm currently building a Nodejs microservice that submits graph traversal queries to an OrientDB. I was wondering if Gremlin queries are supported in the standard orientJS db.query() method, or if I need to do it all with SQL.

scott molinari

Apr 20, 2017, 7:04:04 AM4/20/17
to OrientDB
OrientJS supports ODB's SQL only or rather any language driver using the binary or rest APIs will be using ODB's SQL.

If you want to use Gremlin, I'd guess you could install a NodeJS Gremlin driver and connect to the Gremlin API.

http://orientdb.com/docs/2.2.x/Gremlin.html
https://www.npmjs.com/package/gremlin

How good or bad or even if this will work is unknown to me.

Scott