[ANN] orientqb: OSQL query builder

Riccardo Tasso

Jan 12, 2015, 3:58:17 AM1/12/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
   it's a couple of years I'm working on a project using OrientDB as primary data storage and I find it a good product with great support team and a interesting community of users.

Since our application uses a lot OSQL query language I decided to write a query builder with these goals:
  • writing complex queries without dealing with ugly Java String composition
  • avoiding syntax errors in OSQL as much as possible
During Winter holidays I decided it would be useful to make it available also to other OrientDB users and I spent some time implementing all the missing construct for OSLQ SELECT statement ( http://www.orientechnologies.com/docs/last/orientdb.wiki/SQL-Query.html ). Now it is public (under ASL 2.0) on github:

On the repository you will find: further information about the project and design choices, a little tutorial to start with and all the unit tests for (almost) every function implemented.

I really would like to have some feedback both from the development team and from the users at any kind of level. Of course any contribution is appreciated.

Cheers,
   Riccardo

ste...@activitystream.com

Jan 13, 2015, 5:35:29 PM1/13/15

Great stuff Riccardo, look forward to trying it out.

Thank you.

Regards,
 -Stefan

Luca Garulli

Jan 13, 2015, 7:17:00 PM1/13/15
to orient-database
Hey Riccardo,
You did it! Thanks very much. I hope the community adopts it in their Java projects soon :-)

Lvc@

On 13 January 2015 at 23:35, <ste...@activitystream.com> wrote:

Great stuff Riccardo, look forward to try it out.

Thank you.

Regards,
 -Stefan

On Monday, 12 January 2015 08:58:17 UTC, Riccardo Tasso wrote:

--

---

Riccardo Tasso

Feb 5, 2015, 3:41:43 AM2/5/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, a little step for orientdb a big step for orientqb, I've published my artifacts to oss sonatype repository, and now orientqb can be included in your projects also without building from source.

Have fun,
   Riccardo

Luca Garulli

Feb 5, 2015, 5:30:37 AM2/5/15
to orient-database

Hi Riccardo.

What's the maven snippet to include?

Lvc@

Riccardo Tasso

Feb 5, 2015, 5:34:18 AM2/5/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
This one should work:

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.github.raymanrt</groupId>
  <artifactId>orientqb</artifactId>
  <version>0.1.0</version>
</dependency>

Wouter de Vaal

Feb 17, 2015, 5:51:56 AM2/17/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
This is great stuff. It is really nice, easy and lightweight. Should become part of the official OrientDB project!

Wouter

Riccardo Tasso

Feb 17, 2015, 6:06:22 AM2/17/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, those were some of the design choices.

If you have some hints please write them here.

Cheers,
   Riccardo

Riccardo Tasso

Jul 8, 2015, 5:05:53 PM7/8/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   just to make you know that orientqb 0.1.3 has just been released on Maven Central, with some minor fixes.

Cheers,
   Riccardo

ste...@activitystream.com

Jul 18, 2015, 4:42:55 PM7/18/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Riccardo! :)

Riccardo Tasso

Jul 20, 2015, 2:46:54 AM7/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
To Stefan and to others which may be using orientqb: what do you think of it?
For what use case are you using it?
What should be added or changed?

Cheers,
   Riccardo

Riccardo Tasso

May 26, 2016, 4:32:48 PM5/26/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   just to make you know that orientqb 0.2.0 has just been released on Maven Central, with the implementation of DELETE statement.

DELETE convinced me to abstract more on the Query class and this should enable the easier implementation also of UPDATE, INSERT and the other OSQL statements.

I would also cheers the users/contributors which encouraged me to go on with the project.

Cheers,
   Riccardo