Is orientdb good enough for powering webapplications with 1000's of concurrent users

tech support

Aug 31, 2015, 3:27:28 AM8/31/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I am in process of choosing backend d for next app

I have narrowed down choices to
  1. Postgres
  2. Mngodb
  3. Oriendb
I want to know if orientb can handle 1000's of concurrent users , how do we implement db pools etc ...any working sample code  I can test ?Any real users using orientdb in web apps or besides usual graph db scenario

Regards ,
Gaurav

acsandeep

Aug 31, 2015, 5:45:57 AM8/31/15
to OrientDB
Hi,

First of all, please consider using tags to better describe the kind of question you are asking.

As for testing the performance, will something like this will do?

Regards

scott molinari

Aug 31, 2015, 7:00:30 AM8/31/15
to OrientDB
I'd like to understand why 3 totally different databases are in your final list of possible choices.

We are also looking for a proper DBMS and the first choice was between SQL or NoSQL. We need very flexible schema, so NoSQL is the direction we took and started looking at CouchDB and MongoDB. MongoDB winning our hearts. After some time and contemplation and a little bit of development, we decided we can't do what we want to do smartly without the database supporting relations. We could have done it on the application side, but that just adds a ton of unnecessary complication. So, we had to go shopping again. Now we are looking at TitanDB and OrientDB, and we are tending more towards OrientDB.

Scott

nolf

Sep 1, 2015, 8:58:32 AM9/1/15
to OrientDB

We use orientdb as the only db for our webapp and we're very happy with it, even when it comes to non-graph scenarios. We develop faster and better applications in less time than we did with mysql. Since orientdb scales very I don't think concurrency should be an issue if you just learn how to use the db properly.

That being said, we don't have huge number of concurrent users since we are a SAS targeting a certain type of companies.