How can I disable the LogManager in 2.2.31?

Erik T

Feb 6, 2018, 5:15:52 PM2/6/18
to OrientDB
Hello,

I have been using 2.2.13 for a while and turned off the LogManager by setting orientdb.installCustomFormatter to false. Now that I have finally updated to 2.2.31, I get a lot of errors showing the LogManager is disabled. I don't want to use the OrientDb LogManager though. I would rather use what is already configured in my system and not configure my logging in Orient again. Can't I just turn off the LogManager? Are there additional settings that were changed in .31 I need to account for?

Erik T

Feb 7, 2018, 3:43:08 PM2/7/18
to OrientDB
It looks like some changes were done by laa on Nov 3, 2017 and my logging is really hard to read because of it. Changes in OLogManager#log make it look like Orient high jacks my logger. Is there something I can do to get it back?

Erik T

Feb 8, 2018, 10:49:11 AM2/8/18
to OrientDB
I'm embedding Orient into my application so I can use a plocal connection and OLogManager is using the root logger. It looks like the best way to solve my problem is to use 2.2.29 since the changes that are causing such painful problems is introduced in 2.2.30.

Why is the OLogManager hard coded to use the root logger? Why can't I specify which logger the OLogManager uses?