Rexster support

Effy Teva

Feb 26, 2015, 3:23:42 AM2/26/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm running Rexster with OrientDB and run into an exception: "Database instance is not set in current thread. Assure to set it with: ODatabaseRecordThreadLocal.INSTANCE.set(db); ".
The exception is not always thrown:

gremlin>g.getVertices("explicitid",100000L)
==>v[#9:90603]
gremlin>g.getVertices("explicitid",100000L)
==>Database instance is not set in current thread. Assure to set it with: ODatabaseRecordThreadLocal.INSTANCE.set(db);

I'm using Rexster 2.6.0, OrientDB 2.0.3, and the rexster configuration is:
<graph>
      <graph-enabled>true</graph-enabled>
      <graph-name>orientdbsample</graph-name>
      <graph-type>com.tinkerpop.rexster.OrientGraphConfiguration</graph-type>
      <graph-location>plocal:C:/tmp/og</graph-location>
      <properties>
        <username>admin</username>
        <password>admin</password>
      </properties>
    </graph>

When trying to use a remote connection, this exception is always thrown.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Effy

Effy Teva

Jun 15, 2015, 1:09:49 PM6/15/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to re-evaluate OrientDB, and run into the same issue once again. (Rexster 2.6 > OrientDB 2.0.10)
Anyone know how to get this working? I'm using the basic scenario of Rexter -> OrientDB and can't get it to actually work normally...

Also, I've managed to create an index, and found out queries it works with g.getVertices, instead of g.V. Why won't g.V use the indexes as well?..

Thanks,
Effy

Luca Garulli

Jun 15, 2015, 1:50:34 PM6/15/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Please could you try with OrientDB 2.1-rc3?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
CEO at Orient Technologies LTD
the Company behind OrientDB

--

---

Effy Teva

Jun 15, 2015, 3:44:19 PM6/15/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've tried now with both Java 1.7 and 1.8, with OrientDB 2.0.10 and OrientDB 2.1-RC3.
All suffer from the same issue when invoking "g.getVertices('explicitid', 1L)" on the Rexster Web UI.

Any change this would be resolved soon?

Thanks,
Effy

Luca Garulli

Jun 15, 2015, 4:47:44 PM6/15/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
What is missing is calling:

ODatabaseRecordThreadLocal.INSTANCE.set(db)

Before using OrientDB. Do you have the full stack of the exception?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
CEO at Orient Technologies LTD
the Company behind OrientDB

Effy Teva

Jun 16, 2015, 1:35:44 AM6/16/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't have the full stack, as Rexster doesn't show it (and for some reason this specific exception doesn't show on the console).
I've tried running com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.ODataBaseRecordThreadLocal.INSTANCE.set(db),
But I don't have a "db" instance, or don't know how to get it... How do I retrieve a "db" instance?

Thanks for your help,
Effy

Effy Teva

Jun 17, 2015, 8:26:01 AM6/17/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Anyone...?

Effy Teva

Jun 20, 2015, 4:13:05 AM6/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luca,

I believe my error isn't specific to my use case at all. As I'm using basic gremlin syntax, through the basic Rexster web user interface.
Unless you actually find a fix for that, you shouldn't publish on your documentation that OrientDB supports Rexster at all, as it currently doesn't support it at all (Currently being for the last year at least, with all releases versions).
You're misleading your customers, and might waste many expensive hours for your customers.

Effy