Why isn't OrientGraphFactory Closeable or AutoCloseable

Erik T

Mar 6, 2017, 2:02:34 PM3/6/17
to OrientDB
Couldn't this method be closeable since it implements the close method? That could make it more usable when a reference to a closeable object is needed but the implementation isn't important.

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Mar 7, 2017, 3:34:07 AM3/7/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

The main reason is that AutoCloseable was introduced in Java 7, while when v 2.2 was released it was compatible with Java 6.
About Closeable, I think it would make sense.
In v 3.0 we are reviewing many of the database interfaces, for sure we will add these mechanisms

Thanks

Luigi

--

---