Trouble in updating value via REST API call while using OrientDB as Key-Value DB

eugen...@ireva.com

Jan 9, 2017, 1:14:47 AM1/9/17
to OrientDB
Hi,

I am using the most recent released OrientDB as a Key-Value DB ....
I tried to create new entry with HTTP POST as convention and I get "Command not found" error so I followed the manual using HTTP PUT to create entry and
I am able to create new entry, but when I tried to use HTTP PUT method for updating as described in the manual and I get unique index violation error which is somewhat understandable as the index I created is unique.

What is the right want to update a key value?
Is issuing a delete then insert the only way I can update an value entry via Rest API in this scenario? Or I am missing something...

Thank you in advance for you kind guidance.

Gene