Explicit transactions with Graph API

Sathwik B P

Feb 20, 2015, 3:32:34 AM2/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

OrientDB 2.0.2

Would like to know how to disable implicit transactions when using Graph API.

Here is the piece of code

        OrientGraphFactory factory = new OrientGraphFactory("remote:localhost/test","root","orientdb");
        factory
.setAutoStartTx(false);

        factory
.setupPool(1,10);

OrientGraph graph = factory.getTx();
        graph
.createKeyIndex("name", Vertex.class);

        graph
.shutdown();
        factory
.close();

This puts out a warning saying that the transaction has been started.
Creating of key index throws a waring
WARNING: Requested command 'create key index on 'Vertex.name'' must be executed outside active transaction: the transaction will be committed and reopen right after it. To avoid this behavior execute it outside a transaction

This doesn't happen if the pool is not setup.

Setting the pool is creating an implicit transaction in the rawGraph.

Would like to know how to overcome the starting of implicit transactions.

regards,
sathwik

Chris Wilper

Feb 20, 2015, 1:57:53 PM2/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
I was curious about this as I've looked around at that code before and saw where it was setting these flags. Looks like a bug, I've reported it here w/details:

- Chris

--

---

Chris Wilper

Feb 20, 2015, 2:41:53 PM2/20/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Note since the setting seems to be configured for the graph, it looks like you should be able to work around it by calling graph.rollback() immediately after getting it from the factory.

Sathwik B P

Feb 23, 2015, 8:08:26 AM2/23/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,