Spatio Temporal graphs in OrientDB

ashish rawat

Nov 13, 2015, 8:47:48 AM11/13/15
to OrientDB
Hey guys,

Please help me out with modelling the following use case with OrientDB. I want to model a Spatio-Temporal graph. Essentially, a graph with slowly varying topology but a timeseries of node and edge attribute values kept at 5min/1hr granularity.

Time Aggregated Graph mentioned here (http://www.spatial.cs.umn.edu/paper_ps/tag_jods.pdf) look like a good way of doing it. Although the conceptual model looks fine, the physical layer hasn't been explored in-depth and off course there doesn't seem to be any implementations for this.

Could you please suggest me the best way of working with such a use case.

Thanks,
Ashish

PS: Had posted the same question in Titan forum and found some useful solutions, looking to see if people have tried it over OrientDB as well

scott molinari

Nov 13, 2015, 3:05:55 PM11/13/15
to OrientDB
This isn't going to get you your whole solution, but here is a tutorial on time series data storage

Scott

ashish rawat

Nov 14, 2015, 1:13:26 AM11/14/15
to OrientDB
Thanks Scott. Will try this out and post my observations. I am going to try out multiple approaches and see how they perform in terms of query times.