Export/Import on 2 node cluster

Joao Cesar

Jun 1, 2017, 9:25:29 AM6/1/17
to OrientDB
Hello

I'm working with OrientDB there are a few months and I'm intended to use it in my company. Naturally, I have started with community edition.
During this period several problems have arose but an important one wasn't yet solved: The backup.
Since we are using the community edition with a distributed setup, as far as I could see, the only option is export and import
But....I'm unable to make any import succeed yet... (using same database names, different names, export only schema or data, even exporting using -excludeAll doesn't work)

I always get messages like this:

Importing database database /tmp/htmsdev.json.gz...
Started import of database 'plocal:/var/orientdb-community-2.2.20/databases/HTMS_Dev' from /tmp/HTMS_Devimport7751536365798375170htmsdev.json.gz...
Non merge mode (-merge=false): removing all default non security classesError on database import happened just before line 0, column 1
com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.ORecordNotFoundException: The record has no id. It is probably new or still transient
        DB name="HTMS_Dev"
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.record.ORecordAbstract.reload(ORecordAbstract.java:259)

The only method I'm using that seems to work is by copying the database directory (and renaming .wal and .wmr files to duplicate the database in the same environment).
And, just wondering, since it's a distributed environment, what could happen if I do copies "on the fly"? Will I have to stop the database to get consistent file backups from all nodes (and only if folder copies are ok. By the way, is this ok?)

So guys, please, what should I do to get backup's during evaluation?
There is no chance for anyone to use a database without reliable backups.

Thanks in advance

Joao Cesar

Ivan Mainetti

Jun 1, 2017, 5:40:14 PM6/1/17