com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OStorageException: Error during transaction commit.

sachchidanand singh

Jun 25, 2014, 10:55:49 AM6/25/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, Piyush Sharma, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com
hi,
my graph model of my project consist of three custom vertex classes: Person, Location and Content. Recently i migrated my code to 1.7.3 from 1.7.rc2, we are also using Lucene based index for Content class, ever since we added that we are getting this Exception :

com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OStorageException: Error during transaction commit.
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.storage.impl.local.paginated.OLocalPaginatedStorage.commit(OLocalPaginatedStorage.java:1096)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.tx.OTransactionOptimistic.doCommit(OTransactionOptimistic.java:132)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.tx.OTransactionOptimistic.commit(OTransactionOptimistic.java:105)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.record.ODatabaseRecordTx.commit(ODatabaseRecordTx.java:142)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.document.ODatabaseDocumentTx.commit(ODatabaseDocumentTx.java:504)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.document.ODatabaseDocumentTx.commit(ODatabaseDocumentTx.java:496)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.server.network.protocol.binary.ONetworkProtocolBinary.commit(ONetworkProtocolBinary.java:1096)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.server.network.protocol.binary.ONetworkProtocolBinary.executeRequest(ONetworkProtocolBinary.java:344)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.server.network.protocol.binary.OBinaryNetworkProtocolAbstract.execute(OBinaryNetworkProtocolAbstract.java:169)
at com.orientechnologies.common.thread.OSoftThread.run(OSoftThread.java:45)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: targetGen=122 was never returned by the ReferenceManager instance (current gen=35)
at org.apache.lucene.search.ControlledRealTimeReopenThread.waitForGeneration(ControlledRealTimeReopenThread.java:160)
at org.apache.lucene.search.ControlledRealTimeReopenThread.waitForGeneration(ControlledRealTimeReopenThread.java:135)
at com.orientechnologies.lucene.manager.OLuceneIndexManagerAbstract.getSearcher(OLuceneIndexManagerAbstract.java:135)
at com.orientechnologies.lucene.manager.OLuceneFullTextIndexManager.getResults(OLuceneFullTextIndexManager.java:131)
at com.orientechnologies.lucene.manager.OLuceneFullTextIndexManager.get(OLuceneFullTextIndexManager.java:99)
at com.orientechnologies.lucene.OLuceneIndexEngine.get(OLuceneIndexEngine.java:153)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.index.OIndexMultiValues.putInSnapshot(OIndexMultiValues.java:137)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.index.OIndexAbstract.applyIndexTxEntry(OIndexAbstract.java:954)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.index.OIndexAbstract.addTxOperation(OIndexAbstract.java:679)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.tx.OTransactionOptimistic$CommitIndexesCallback.run(OTransactionOptimistic.java:256)
at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.storage.impl.local.paginated.OLocalPaginatedStorage.commit(OLocalPaginatedStorage.java:1082)
... 9 more

did search for a few minutes in Google but could't find anything useful.

have attached my dao file where in im adding the model object to graph vertices

lucene index  command :

CREATE INDEX INDX_CONTENT_TEXT ON Content (content) FULLTEXT ENGINE LUCENE;
dao.txt

Enrico Risa

Jun 26, 2014, 5:19:22 AM6/26/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, Piyush Sharma, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com
Hi

Are you using remote server?
Which version of OrientDb?

how can i replicate it?

--

---

sachchidanand singh

Jun 26, 2014, 5:33:27 AM6/26/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, piyushsh...@gmail.com, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com, enric...@gmail.com
Hi Enrico,

Yes, I m using remote server, and Orient db version is 1.7.3.
If you want to replicate it just see my attached file as a reference, when ever i start from scratch(created new database, all related fields and the Lucene index on "content" field), it will work fine for few time like 50-60 records get inserted but after some time it start throwing exception (IllegalOrgument i.e. mentioned in post), not able to find the root cause. i am also using Orient Lucene query parser to parse the "content" field.

Aaron Schulz

Dec 2, 2014, 3:30:53 AM12/2/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, piyushsh...@gmail.com, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com, enric...@gmail.com
I'm running into this same problem with 1.7.10 (and on all the 1.7 lucene plugin jars). I haven't seen any solution for it on the web. This the first problem I've ran into with OrientDB so far.

The error seems to trigger on any write that effects the one spatial index in my schema. The index is on an edge:

create class HasPropertyWithCoordinateValue extends E;
create property HasPropertyWithCoordinateValue.out LINK Item;
create property HasPropertyWithCoordinateValue.in LINK Property;
create property HasPropertyWithCoordinateValue.lat double;
create property HasPropertyWithCoordinateValue.long double;
create index HasPropertyWithCoordinateValueInOutIdx on HasPropertyWithCoordinateValue (in, out, lat, long) unique;
create index HasPropertyWithCoordinateValueInLocIdx on HasPropertyWithCoordinateValue (lat,long) spatial engine LUCENE;

@sach

Dec 2, 2014, 3:51:49 AM12/2/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, piyushsh...@gmail.com, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com, enric...@gmail.com
Hi,

I guess this problem was upto 1.7.3 (don't know exactly), but i resolved it by using Lucene indexing outside, even I haven't got any solution so I preferred to use it separately. So my suggestion is you should try this approach it may help you.

Luca Garulli

Dec 2, 2014, 4:50:33 AM12/2/14
to orient-database, piyushsh...@gmail.com, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com, Enrico Risa
@Enrico,
Any thoughts about this?

Lvc@

Enrico Risa

Dec 2, 2014, 5:49:16 AM12/2/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, Piyush Sharma, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com

Aaron Schulz

Dec 5, 2014, 12:43:04 PM12/5/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, piyushsh...@gmail.com, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com, enric...@gmail.com
I'm running that jar and still seeing the log entries :/

Enrico Risa

Dec 5, 2014, 12:47:58 PM12/5/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, Piyush Sharma, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com
@Aaron

can you send me the log please?

thanks

Aaron Schulz

Dec 6, 2014, 3:41:04 AM12/6/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, piyushsh...@gmail.com, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com, enric...@gmail.com
create class GeoVertex extends V;
create property GeoVertex.lat double;
create property GeoVertex.lon double;
create index GeoVertexIdx on GeoVertex (lat, lon) spatial engine LUCENE;

orientdb {db=testingDB}> create vertex GeoVertex set lat=33.33333,lon=77.777777

Created vertex 'GeoVertex#11:0{lat:33.33333,lon:77.77778} v1' in 0.072000 sec(s).

orientdb {db=testingDB}> create vertex GeoVertex content {"lat":-33.33333,"lon":-77.777777}

Created vertex 'GeoVertex#11:1{lat:-33.33333,lon:-77.777777} v1' in 0.104000 sec(s).

*** everything is fine so far, lets a bad vertex ***

orientdb {db=testingDB}> create vertex GeoVertex content {"lat":-93.33333,"lon":-77.777777}
Error during exception serialization.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.spatial4j.core.exception.InvalidShapeException
   ...blah blah (not valid Y coordinate)

*** Now, add some good ones ***

orientdb {db=testingDB}> create vertex GeoVertex content {"lat":-80.33333,"lon":-77.777777}

Error: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OStorageException: Error during transaction commit.

Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: targetGen=3 was never returned by the ReferenceManager instance (current gen=
1)

orientdb {db=testingDB}> create vertex GeoVertex content {"lat":-81.33333,"lon":-77.777777}

Error: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OStorageException: Error during transaction commit.

Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: targetGen=3 was never returned by the ReferenceManager instance (current gen=
1)

orientdb {db=testingDB}> create vertex GeoVertex content {"lat":-82.33333,"lon":-77.777777}

Error: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OStorageException: Error during transaction commit.

Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: targetGen=3 was never returned by the ReferenceManager instance (current gen=
2)

orientdb {db=testingDB}> select * from GeoVertex

*** Note that the last three didn't get added (due to rollback) ***

----+-----+---------+----------
#   |@RID |lat      |lon
----+-----+---------+----------
0   |#11:0|33.33333 |77.77778
1   |#11:1|-33.33333|-77.777777
----+-----+---------+----------

Aaron Schulz

Dec 6, 2014, 3:45:21 AM12/6/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com, piyushsh...@gmail.com, piyush...@happiestminds.com, sachchida...@happiestminds.com, enric...@gmail.com
The trace is truncated, but I see:

Sent run-time exception to the client /127.0.0.1:50489: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.
OStorageException: Error during transaction commit.

com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OStorageException: Error during transaction commit.
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.storage.impl.local.paginated.OLocalPaginatedStorage.com
mit(OLocalPaginatedStorage.java:1115)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.tx.OTransactionOptimistic.doCommit(OTransactionOptimist
ic.java:469)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.tx.OTransactionOptimistic.commit(OTransactionOptimistic
.java:148)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.record.ODatabaseRecordTx.commit(ODatabaseRecordTx.ja
va:142)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.document.ODatabaseDocumentTx.commit(ODatabaseDocumen
tTx.java:511)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.document.ODatabaseDocumentTx.commit(ODatabaseDocumen
tTx.java:503)
        at com.tinkerpop.blueprints.impls.orient.OrientTransactionalGraph.commit(OrientTransactional
Graph.java:110)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.graph.sql.OGraphCommandExecutorSQLFactory.runInTx(OGraphComm
andExecutorSQLFactory.java:99)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.graph.sql.OGraphCommandExecutorSQLFactory.runInTx(OGraphComm
andExecutorSQLFactory.java:111)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.graph.sql.OCommandExecutorSQLCreateVertex.execute(OCommandEx
ecutorSQLCreateVertex.java:99)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.sql.OCommandExecutorSQLDelegate.execute(OCommandExecuto
rSQLDelegate.java:60)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.storage.OStorageEmbedded.executeCommand(OStorageEmbedde
d.java:114)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.storage.OStorageEmbedded.command(OStorageEmbedded.java:
103)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.command.OCommandRequestTextAbstract.execute(OCommandReq
uestTextAbstract.java:59)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.server.network.protocol.binary.ONetworkProtocolBinary.comman
d(ONetworkProtocolBinary.java:1181)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.server.network.protocol.binary.ONetworkProtocolBinary.execut
eRequest(ONetworkProtocolBinary.java:340)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.server.network.protocol.binary.OBinaryNetworkProtocolAbstrac
t.execute(OBinaryNetworkProtocolAbstract.java:170)
        at com.orientechnologies.common.thread.OSoftThread.run(OSoftThread.java:45)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: targetGen=7 was never returned by the ReferenceManage
r instance (current gen=2)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.ControlledRealTimeReopenThread.waitForGeneration(ControlledRealT
imeReopenThread.java:160)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.ControlledRealTimeReopenThread.waitForGeneration(ControlledRealT
imeReopenThread.java:135)
        at com.orientechnologies.lucene.manager.OLuceneIndexManagerAbstract.getSearcher(OLuceneIndex
ManagerAbstract.java:318)
        at com.orientechnologies.lucene.manager.OLuceneSpatialIndexManager.searchIntersect(OLuceneSp
atialIndexManager.java:155)
        at com.orientechnologies.lucene.manager.OLuceneSpatialIndexManager.get(OLuceneSpatialIndexMa
nager.java:134)
        at com.orientechnologies.lucene.OLuceneIndexEngine.get(OLuceneIndexEngine.java:155)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.index.OIndexMultiValues.putInSnapshot(OIndexMultiValues
.java:137)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.index.OIndexAbstract.applyIndexTxEntry(OIndexAbstract.j
ava:966)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.index.OIndexAbstract.addTxOperation(OIndexAbstract.java
:691)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.tx.OTransactionOptimistic$CommitIndexesCallback.run(OTr
ansactionOptimistic.java:99)
        at com.orientechnologies.orient.core.storage.impl.local.paginated.OLocalPaginatedStorage.com
mit(OLocalPaginatedStorage.java:1101)
        ... 17 more