info about new release 3.0

Cristian Lorenzetto

Jul 4, 2017, 8:10:20 AM7/4/17
to OrientDB
Hi
i d like to know about new features in 3.0 version and if a lot of features promised are now available.
1)  it is possible to index usng lucene a class in  many properties (included long ,integer,float)? it is possible also to index embedded map properties when you save unstructured data on the fly?
2)  it is possible to handle a transaction also when you put inside sql insert/update commands?
3) it is possible to read/save a stream of data without to split it in chunks?
4) I saw you mentionaed multitenant using cluster. but with your solution how to do when you use a distributed server ? Class A_tenant1 , A_tenant2 will be distribuded automatically in different nodes?

Roberto Franchini

Jul 4, 2017, 8:44:25 AM7/4/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 at 14:10 Cristian Lorenzetto <cristian....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
i d like to know about new features in 3.0 version and if a lot of features promised are now available.
1)  it is possible to index usng lucene a class in  many properties (included long ,integer,float)? it is possible also to index embedded map properties when you save unstructured data on the fly?

I answer for the Lucene part
- multifiled indexing is allowed on 2.2.x and range queries are supported as well:
on 3.0.x we are moving from the LUCENE operator to more flexible functions:
With metadata json it is possible to tune the query parser's behaviour

- more like this: a new function that uses MLT functionality of lucene:

- highlight

I'm working on the documentation of 3.0x. All this features will be part of the upcoming 3.0.0-M2

about embedded  map, we have some problem on retrieve them but we are addressing the problem.
Do you have a snippet of code to show me what do you want to do?

--
Best regards,

Roberto Franchini

OrientDB LTD  -  http://orientdb.com

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Jul 4, 2017, 9:02:06 AM7/4/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristian,

Point 2 is already implemented in develop branch.
About point 3, if you mean having a streamed result-set from the queries, it's already available in develop branch. About data streaming for BLOBs, there are some low level APIs for this, but I'm afraid they don't work in remote and I don't know we will be able to add some specific support to this in the first GA

Thanks

Luigi

--

---