Not able to select BYTE type for field via ODB Studio

Eric24

May 22, 2016, 3:41:03 PM5/22/16
to OrientDB
Using 2.2 GA, I'm not able to select the BYTE for a field in a new class I'm trying to create via ODB Studio (SHORT, LONG, etc. work just fine).

Also, are the single-letter values for @fieldTypes documented somewhere?

user.w...@gmail.com

May 23, 2016, 9:29:46 AM5/23/16
to OrientDB
Hi Eric,

it works for me:

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Michela

Eric Lenington

May 23, 2016, 10:20:26 AM5/23/16
to OrientDB
Hmmm. Interesting. This looks like a quirk in the GUI. When I first try to create a new property, trying to select BYTE (and a few other types) change the cursor to a "prohibited" symbol. If I then select some type that is "allowed", I can then go back (before saving) and select BYTE. At that point, a property with type BYTE is successfully created. But I do also notice that when querying records in this class, the GUI shows the BYTE property as [binary-data] in the table display (in the raw display, it's just a numeric value, as expected).

By the way, what version of ODB and what browser are you using?

--

---

user.w...@gmail.com

May 23, 2016, 10:26:23 AM5/23/16
to OrientDB
version 2.2
browser chrome

Eric Lenington

May 23, 2016, 11:04:22 AM5/23/16
to OrientDB
Ah so. It's a quirk when using IE (it works as expected on Chrome), but the table display still shows [binary-data] for BYTE-type properties.

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 9:26 AM, <user.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
version 2.2
browser chrome