is upsert possible in the Java API/binary protocol?

Keith Freeman

Oct 27, 2014, 11:09:31 AM10/27/14
to orient-...@googlegroups.com

I've just run a speed test using OrientGraph.addVertex() vs. OrientGraph.command().execute() on identical data for vertexes, but the command is an update that's an "upsert".  Unfortunately the command (18 recs/sec) is 2 orders of magnitude slower than the addVertex (2000 writes/sec).  This is a huge difference.  Is there a way to do an upsert from the Java API/binary protocol without reverting to query-then-insert/update?

varun kumar

Aug 16, 2016, 1:52:33 PM8/16/16
to OrientDB
Curious, did you get any answers to your problem. I want to upsert using addVertex route.

Thanks!