year: property or vertex?

Dennis O

Jun 30, 2015, 1:32:12 PM6/30/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My DB will contain 1M+ of closely inter-related objects with the key attribute being a "year": most frequently used query will be to pull content related to a specific year (and then - grouping by vertices + some traversal).

What do you think of an approach if I will create 100 years as 100 vertices and will link all my 1M+ vertices to them (edgy vertex?!), vs a standard approach of having a "year" property for each node and searching with a "where" clause?

Thank you!
Dennis

alessand...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 3:35:54 AM7/1/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dennis,
I think that a standard approach of having a "year" property for each node and searching with a "where" clause is better, so you avoid to have all the links.

Regards,
Alessandro

Dennis O

Jul 2, 2015, 2:31:18 PM7/2/15