Database as a single file?

da...@hero-id.co.uk

May 3, 2016, 7:26:10 PM5/3/16
to OrientDB
This might be a stupid question, but is it possible to store a plocal database as a single file, rather than a directory?

I am considering using OrientDB as an embedded database in a java desktop application, so keeping the database as a single file would be a big plus.

Luigi Dell'Aquila

May 4, 2016, 2:44:00 AM5/4/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

In current release this is not supported, and structurally it's not easy to do, so I'm afraid it will hardly enter in the roadmap (but things can change of course...)

Thanks

Luigi

--

---

da...@hero-id.co.uk

May 4, 2016, 5:25:56 AM5/4/16
to OrientDB
Thank you for the quick reply.

I am not sure whether or not its a show-stopper for me, but for a desktop app, a single file is a useful feature. For instance H2 have the facility to support a database in a zip through its jdbc connector (jdbc:h2:zip:<zipFileName>!/<databaseName>).

cheers