OCommandGremlin vs Gremlin Pipelines

BobJones

Jul 3, 2015, 12:07:30 PM7/3/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between using the Tinkerpop Gremlin Pipelines API vs using graph.command(OCommandGremlin), and sending a text string of the gremlin statement to the server?

We noticed in our environment, that the second method was significantly faster, but it seems that the Tinkerpop API is more popular....

Can anyone explain to me the backend differences?

Luca Garulli

Jul 4, 2015, 4:32:25 AM7/4/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Using Gremlin Pipeline API from the client means you're executing the traversal on the client, so it could be more expensive.

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
CEO at Orient Technologies LTD
the Company behind OrientDB