Mass insertion of vertices very slow, is it necessary Performance Tuning?

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Nov 28, 2016, 3:02:49 AM11/28/16
to OrientDB
Hi, I have to do a massive insertion of vertices:
1000 vertices type A
100,000 type B vertices
With its corresponding edges.

But the performance is very slow, never ends, I must permormance tuning?
How should I do it? Thanks

Andrey Lomakin

Nov 28, 2016, 4:09:47 AM11/28/16
to OrientDB
Hi,
You provided too few data.
  1. What is your database size on disk ?
  2. What is your hardware ?
  3. What is your server configuration ? What are values of OrientDB settings ?

--

---
Best regards,

twitter: @Andrey_Lomakin

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Nov 28, 2016, 4:29:40 AM11/28/16
to OrientDB
Hi thanks for answering
I'm testing on my own pc, with features: i5, 8gb ram.
Is the installation default, I do not know what parameters should I modify?

Thank you!

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Nov 28, 2016, 7:08:04 AM11/28/16
to OrientDB
Where can I check and modify these parameters?

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Nov 29, 2016, 8:18:44 AM11/29/16
to OrientDB
Help

Andrey Lomakin

Nov 30, 2016, 1:59:10 AM11/30/16
to OrientDB
Hi,
I also need to know the size of  your database on disk.

--

---
Message has been deleted

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Nov 30, 2016, 3:12:30 AM11/30/16
to OrientDB
How can I consult that? Is installed on my local hard drive, this has a capacity of 15.5GB free

Andrey Lomakin

Nov 30, 2016, 6:59:59 AM11/30/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Once you will have slowdown during insertion of data, just measure size of the database directory.

Academia Learning Centro de inglés y de formación

Nov 30, 2016, 7:39:38 AM11/30/16
to OrientDB
ok but I need to know if there is any way to improve performance

Andrey Lomakin

Nov 30, 2016, 7:52:46 AM11/30/16
to OrientDB
I need to know all this information to suggest you way to improve system speed ))

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Nov 30, 2016, 8:42:21 AM11/30/16
to OrientDB
Ah ok, I'll do the test. really do not see performance decline, it just takes more than 24 hours to insert

Vertex type A: 1000
Vertex type B: 100,000
Enges A to B: 100

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Dec 1, 2016, 2:48:35 AM12/1/16
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, you are finished inserting:
Inserted 1000 EHRs, 100000 compositions in 58062579 ms.

The size of the database is 940mb

Thanks

Luca Garulli

Dec 1, 2016, 7:02:09 AM12/1/16
to OrientDB
Are you doing lookups and in this case, do you have indexes defined on the lookup fields?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

--

---

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Luca Garulli

Dec 2, 2016, 2:19:32 PM12/2/16
to OrientDB
Ok, when you create edges, how do you look for a vertex if it already exists?

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli
Founder & CEO

Aceitunas y encurtidos Quijote

Dec 5, 2016, 3:37:21 AM12/5/16
to OrientDB
Hi, I do this:

//Comprobamos si existe ya elemento Composition padre para esta composicion-version
String queryComposition = "select from Composition where idComposition = '" + idComposition + "' ";
Iterable<OrientVertex> result = graph.command(new OSQLSynchQuery<OrientVertex>(queryComposition)).execute();

//Si existia
if (result.iterator().hasNext()){
....}