Select * from V error

Raymond Willems

Sep 19, 2017, 10:24:53 AM9/19/17
to OrientDB
Dear Community,

when I do "Select * from V", I get the error

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to com.orientechnologies.orient.core.db.record.OIdentifiable

I'm using the latest version.

Any ideas?

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Sep 19, 2017, 10:52:01 AM9/19/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raymond,

This is very strange, how are you performing the query? (Studio, Java binary driver, other drivers... remote, plocal, distributed)
Do you have a DB or a deterministic way to reproduce the problem?

Thanks

Luigi

--

---

Raymond Willems

Nov 21, 2017, 8:45:19 AM11/21/17
to OrientDB
I am using the Graph section in the Studio. Due to confidentiality, I cannot share the db. But it appears with a complex document with more than 300 attributes.

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Nov 21, 2017, 8:56:32 AM11/21/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raymond,

Ok, it's quite unlikely that the problem is in the SQL executor (try the same query in the query browser to be sure), I think the problem is in the serialization of the result for the graph rendering.
Do you have a chance to send me a stack trace to understand where the exception is thrown exactly?

Thanks

Luigi

Raymond Willems

Dec 5, 2017, 9:46:13 AM12/5/17
to OrientDB
What's a stack trace?

Luigi Dell'Aquila

Dec 5, 2017, 9:55:44 AM12/5/17
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raymond,

You should see some logs in the server console, probably there is something related to this error that can help me understand where it exactly is

Thanks

Luigi

Raymond Willems

Feb 20, 2018, 10:32:26 AM2/20/18
to OrientDB
Dear Luigi,

sorry for the late reply, I finally have access to the console and to the log file.

But, neither show any message when I use studio to show the graph of a class.

Do you have an idea, where I can find the logs?

I already tried curl -u root:pass -X POST http://localhost:2480/server/log.file/FINEST

Thanks in advance!

br
Raymond