Inserting 3500 objects in distributed mode takes far too long...

roysta...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2015, 11:54:10 AM10/1/15
to OrientDB
I have a three-node setup of OrientDB 2.1.2 using mostly default configuration (except for some options mentioned in "Performance Tuning").

In a particular operation using the Java Graph API I am generating 1745 vertex insertions and 1753 edge insertions, which takes between 6 to 7 seconds to complete (sometimes it takes up to 10 seconds).

I feel that this is far too long for this operation to complete. I tried adding/removing the "massive insert" intent, but it doesn't help that much.

Am I doing anything wrong / overlooking something? Is it normal for OrientDB to take up to 10 seconds to create ~3500 objects in the distributed setup?