Rails 4.2 support - rails42 branch created

Yasuo Honda

Jun 3, 2014, 5:50:54 PM6/3/14
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Oracle enhanced adapter 1.5.5 now supports both Rails 4.0 and 4.1.

There are some works have been made to support Rails master branch, which would be released as Rails 4.2,
We are still behind to support Rails master branch with Oracle enhanced adapter master branch.

For example, here is the current status of Oracle enhanced adapter unit test results with Rails master branch.

```
388 examples, 247 failures, 1 pending
````

Now `rails42` branch has been created at github. This branch will merge commits to support Rails master branch only. Even if there are some incompatibility with Rails 4.1 and Rails 4.0.

https://github.com/rsim/oracle-enhanced/tree/rails42

Thanks,
--
Yasuo Honda

Yasuo Honda

Aug 22, 2014, 8:39:00 AM8/22/14
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Here is the current status of supporting Rails 4.2.0 beta 1 with Oracle enhanced adapter.

http://yahonda.ghost.io/2014/08/22/rails-4-2-0-beta1-does-oracle-enhanced-adapter-support-it/

For those who are interested in it, pull requests are really, really welcomed.

Thanks,
--
Yasuo Honda

ctw...@berkeley.edu

Jan 14, 2015, 12:35:22 PM1/14/15
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
Rails 4.2 was released almost a month ago on December 19, 2014. Do you have any new information about the 4.2 release of Oracle enhanced adapter?

Yasuo Honda

Jan 27, 2015, 3:41:27 PM1/27/15
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Here is the current status of Oracle enhanced adapter Rails 4.2 support status.

If any of you guys have interests in supporting it, please try `rails42` branch with your application and/or test ActiveRecord and Oracle enhanced adapter unit tests.

Thanks,
--
Yasuo Honda

Fabio Montarsolo

Jan 29, 2015, 9:13:28 AM1/29/15
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com

I switched to rails42 branch because master was not working when upgrading to 4.2.0, rails42 works but I'm unable to test it deeply because jruby 1.7.18 has issues with rails 4.2 as well, waiting for 1.7.19...

Anyway, it seems to work...