plsql.dbms_session.set_identifier(current_user) results in an "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" error.

Kerry DH

Dec 19, 2013, 10:15:57 PM12/19/13
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
In our test and UAT environments the plsql.dbms_session.set_identifier works great.  In our new production environment we get the noted error.  Any debug/research suggestions to identify the issue would be appreciated.  The DBA granted us Execute permissions on the DBMS_SESSION package.

Kerry DH

Dec 20, 2013, 1:28:45 PM12/20/13
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
We were able to resolve the issue.  The security context used to connect to the database needs select permissions on the all_users table.