Stack Level Too Deep

Tim

May 8, 2014, 10:26:33 AM5/8/14
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
I am running into Stack Level Too Deep errors using Oracle in Rails 4. It occurs when an insert fails a validation and it encounters the form_for line on the view when redisplaying the form. This seems like an unlikely place for an Oracle error, but works with the same form in MySQL. I am currently using ruby 2.0.0p247, rails 4.0.5, activerecord-oracle_enhanced-adapter 1.5.4, and ruby-oci8  2.1.7. I have simplified my table and form to only have a first name field and it is checking for the presence of that field. The table has no relationships to other tables. Very simple case that I can't get to work. It worked in Rails 3. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim

May 8, 2014, 10:47:07 AM5/8/14
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
I made some progress. I had no id column in the table, but I was specifying self.primary_key =  "first_name". I removed this line and added an id column and it then worked. Is there a bug here using a custom primary_key field? If so, is there a version for Rails 4 where this bug does not exist?

Thanks,

Tim

Александр Грунин

May 8, 2014, 10:56:47 AM5/8/14
to oracle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tim.
I have some other issue with cusom :primary_key and :foreign_key too.
In my issue :primary_key doesn't passed into query. Same code and schema works well with mysql.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/oracle-enhanced/7ZO00IkSwdk

С уважением,
Александр Грунин