queries

Varsha Ram T

Jan 24, 2015, 5:12:17 AM1/24/15
to opw-k...@googlegroups.com
While trying to crate my first patch,
Printk("I can modify the Linux Kernel"),
line which added to the kernel is not displaying properly.Plz do put some suggestions regarding this problem.......

Julia Lawall

Jan 24, 2015, 6:41:10 AM1/24/15
to Varsha Ram T, opw-k...@googlegroups.com
This mailing list is for people who would like to apply to the OPW
(Outreach Program for Women) program, not general kernel queries.

However, the printk function is written printk, not Printk, so it seems
that if you were able to compile the kernel/module, then the part of the
code that contains your modification is not being compiled.

The best thing to do would be to create a module, rather than to change
the actual kernel. You should be able to find various tutorials on how to
do that on the internet.

julia