knife openstack server create

Tic Toc

Dec 3, 2015, 12:13:04 AM12/3/15
to opscode-chef-openstack
can you use a cloud-config file with knife openstack server create ?

$ knife openstack server create -N fedora22-test-image -f 3 -I 9aa4ec61-0cd4-4215-98af-aa9c4bffxxxx --user-data cloud-config.txt --network-ids 64304f40-a0c1-4ec9-8125-caxxxxxx --openstack-ssh-key-id cloudkey --ssh-user demo --openstack-floating-ip --no-host-key-verify

creates the instance fine except the  cloud config is not being used.

Other item is the create fails with ssh not being established. The odd thing is I can ssh to the instance using ssh -i cloudkey.key ro...@1.1.1.1.1 , I changed the cloud init to enable root for testing. I also tried using root rather than the demo user I want to use with my cloud-config file changes.

thanks for any input!!

JJ Asghar

Dec 7, 2015, 12:20:51 PM12/7/15
to opscode-che...@googlegroups.com
On 12/2/15 11:13 PM, Tic Toc wrote:
> can you use a cloud-config file with knife openstack server create ?

Yep! `chef exec knife openstack server create --user-data`.

--user-data USER_DATA The file path containing user data
information for this server

Basically create a "script.sh" or whatever, and pass it to the user-data
option.

Also this mailing list has been abandoned. We've moved to the main
openstack mailing lists. I apologize for the delay in the answer.

--
Best Regards,
JJ Asghar